We haven't had a good teaser thread in a while. V:F10

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
this shit is fucking awesome.

i have seen people post about it on here before but never bought it... but holy fuck, i used it last night and it's game changing. I'm going to buy the big bottle and just refill my mini. this is going to be a weekly thing i've learned sooo might as well be ready for it.

The stuff is such a time and labor saver it isn't even funny. On a car with brake dust issues, like BMW and big brake kit cars, this stuff is worth every penny.

I have the 5 liter bottle on my Amazon subscription. haha But I use the stuff a lot due to how incredible the stuff works. Iron X is the same way with your paint finish. And trust me, you will see a large amount of iron being taken off, in the same manner, with the Sonax does the wheels. As that brake dust gets blow onto the fenders, doors, and rockers as well. You can use Sonax on the paint as well. But it doesn't work as well as the Iron X. But spray some of your Sonax behind the front wheels and I bet you will see it turn to purple as well. Brake dust sucks.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The stuff is such a time and labor saver it isn't even funny. On a car with brake dust issues, like BMW and big brake kit cars, this stuff is worth every penny.

I have the 5 liter bottle on my Amazon subscription. haha But I use the stuff a lot due to how incredible the stuff works. Iron X is the same way with your paint finish. And trust me, you will see a large amount of iron being taken off, in the same manner, with the Sonax does the wheels. As that brake dust gets blow onto the fenders, doors, and rockers as well. You can use Sonax on the paint as well. But it doesn't work as well as the Iron X. But spray some of your Sonax behind the front wheels and I bet you will see it turn to purple as well. Brake dust sucks.

:eek3: subscription :rofl: awesome

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
apparently i pulled off getting such a basic bmw, i don't have HID's.

No HID and no LED brake/back-up lights? Isn't that shit standard nowadays? lol

Drop in LED would be nice if they work properly. By now they probably work fine. But even something like the Sylvania SilverStar Ultra are slightly brighter and have the white 6K color. Anything is better than stock yellow bulbs. ewww

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Drop in LED would be nice if they work properly. By now they probably work fine. But even something like the Sylvania SilverStar Ultra are slightly brighter and have the white 6K color. Anything is better than stock yellow bulbs. ewww

it's 8 years old bro! fucker's ancient

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
:eek3: subscription :rofl: awesome

Amazon baby!

I have one delivered every 3 months. I have 2 vehicles with major brake dust issues. And severely hate brake dust on wheels. But watching the clear Sonax turn purple and run off the wheel is so therapeutic. haha

[MENTION=344]Gav'sPurpleZ[/MENTION] likes this

I be listening to his videos and read his posts. I want to make my life as easy as possible. And as new products come out it is always nice to know when it is time to upgrade.

But honestly, ceramic coatings, quick detailers, and Sonax have changed my life. No major work detailing cars every weekend to keep them nice and clean. Now simple washes and a yearly detain/maintenance keep me out driving the cars versus cleaning them. I like that.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

well fuck, "if they work properly" just made more sense to me as well... since the bmw's measure resistance to see if a bulb is burnt out... i could possibly get an error message/bulb warning if the LED's draw significantly less and don't "fool the computer"

fack. worth a shot though :rofl:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
well fuck, "if they work properly" just made more sense to me as well... since the bmw's measure resistance to see if a bulb is burnt out... i could possibly get an error message/bulb warning if the LED's draw significantly less and don't "fool the computer"

fack. worth a shot though :rofl:

Check the forums to see what other people have experienced. My hate for headlight issues comes from HID conversions with the add on controller that everyone I knew that installed one had nothing but issues. So I am leary to go to crazy. But LED technology is much better and demands less from an electrical standpoint. So the LED direct replacement stuff might be fine.

I have replaced the interior lights with LED replacements several times without any issues. And they are such a nice bright white color. I just worry about headlight issues. Luckily for me, both my cars have HID. And by the time I buy another car they all will have LED by then. haha

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Check the forums to see what other people have experienced. My hate for headlight issues comes from HID conversions with the add on controller that everyone I knew that installed one had nothing but issues. So I am leary to go to crazy. But LED technology is much better and demands less from an electrical standpoint. So the LED direct replacement stuff might be fine.

I have replaced the interior lights with LED replacements several times without any issues. And they are such a nice bright white color. I just worry about headlight issues. Luckily for me, both my cars have HID. And by the time I buy another car they all will have LED by then. haha

looks like there's a few ways to "deal" with it... some guys do the canbus wiring harnesses like this:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/c...quipped)&preselect=47697&preselect_restrict=1

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
or using coding software. [MENTION=2612]Pressure Ratio[/MENTION]- i know your bmw is tuned, but have you "coded" anything?

I have mine coded with Carly due to how simple it is. But it is not as capable as coding with a laptop and software. Might be best to ask someone that uses the software to code. Maybe [MENTION=76]Ron Vogel[/MENTION] ?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Coding is cool. I'm sure between the lights and the other options you can set for your car, it will be worth the money.

Some coding is more than checking boxes. But most are probably using just the checking box options. lol

right, some is, but most of what these guys are talking about is checking boxes- different LED bulbs, screens, car-off features, etc. shit like that.

dongle-deal was $30 app was 35, we'll see what happens.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Ya, I have the dongle and Carly app. It is super easy to use. But doesn't do everything the software can do.

So that app allows you to code for LED headlights with just checking a box? Interesting.

as far as I'm understanding... on the bimmercode website it has an area to see what you can do to what...

WHKYDr9.png

then past that here are demo screen shots of the app. I should have the dongle tonight so i'll upload what i see once i'm connected.

1UKwnGo.png

HpBldup.png

5CfR5b5.png

Thread Info