We haven't had a good teaser thread in a while. V:F10

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
:pedobear:

:pedobear:

And I'm going to keep that going. Teaser threads blow.

I bought a 2011 528i.

"new body" "old" naturally aspirated straight six... 8 speed auto. a bunch of fancy options I don't know about yet- some i do- like heated front and rear seats- heated steering wheel :nutz:

came with oem rimz and these fancy staggered ones I'd never have paid for myself because I'm a cheapass... but they got worked into the deal and I'm glad they did.. because they make the car. They are 19" avant garde wheels, 9" wide up front, 10 in the rear.

I got 32.5 mpg driving it home from Appleton yesterday and I couldn't be happier.

Yeah it's not a "fast" TURBOh one but I'm hoping for longevity and reliability out of this thing. Still rips plenty well. Magazine's back in the day said mid to high 14's ish which is fine. The way it will drop into basically any gear it needs to from a roll is pretty outstanding though.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think i want to save this post here for other stuff.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
And this one as well.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Gonna save this one too i just decided.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Are these faster Than sho's

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Are these faster Than sho's
Fuck no.

But it's engine faces the correct way, it actually gets decent MPG, it's comfortable to sit in, and it looks 1000x better.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Nice "upgrade" over the old BMW. They are sharp looking cars.

Where are the pictures of you sitting and showing all the leg room? The drivers seat as well as back seat. I'm serious. lol

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
One silly thing excited me too much last night while driving home... it let me pair my phone to bluetooth while driving :nutz: :fyws:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Nice "upgrade" over the old BMW. They are sharp looking cars.

Where are the pictures of you sitting and showing all the leg room? The drivers seat as well as back seat. I'm serious. lol
:rofl: i'll take pics later.

I know you've posted about old e39 vs new f10 steering/driving whatever and old one definitely felt like a go cart compared to this thing.

This one is much bigger inside. I wish I could have found this in manual but stick f10's are hard enough to find let alone N52 f10's.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
It is amazing how once you have those modern conviences, you dislike not having them. Bluetooth for calls and streaming music is such a nice feature.

Those wheels make the car look better as well.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
These are just rwd correct?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
It is amazing how once you have those modern conviences, you dislike not having them. Bluetooth for calls and streaming music is such a nice feature.

Those wheels make the car look better as well.
Definitely do, the OEM wheels on these (when not sport or m packaged whatever) are pretty MEH

These are just rwd correct?
They can be awd, but this is RWD because I have balls.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Jokes aside, I only wanted RWD.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
:rofl: i'll take pics later.

I know you've posted about old e39 vs new f10 steering/driving whatever and old one definitely felt like a go cart compared to this thing.

This one is much bigger inside. I wish I could have found this in manual but stick f10's are hard enough to find let alone N52 f10's.
I've posted about people saying the steering feel is lacking. I believe it was [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] that was not fond of the steering ratio in the XDrive, regular cars, and/or M-sport cars versus the M5.

I do want a F10 car. I love my 335i but more room would be nice. But then I tell myself I really need a truck or SUV again. So I keep holding of on doing anything. haha

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Definitely do, the OEM wheels on these (when not sport or m packaged whatever) are pretty MEH

They can be awd, but this is RWD because I have balls.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I've posted about people saying the steering feel is lacking. I believe it was [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] that was not fond of the steering ratio in the XDrive, regular cars, and/or M-sport cars versus the M5.

I do want a F10 car. I love my 335i but more room would be nice. But then I tell myself I really need a truck or SUV again. So I keep holding of on doing anything. haha
He was talking about the E39 540 he test drove iirc.... but maybe also what you're saying.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
:fy: to not doing a teaser thread.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score

He was talking about the E39 540 he test drove iirc.... but maybe also what you're saying.
Congrats, dude :bigthumb: Those wheels are sweet. And the ZF 8-speed is a fantastic transmission.

Both. The 540i is not a mini-M5 like the BMW nuthuggers looking through foggy wayback glasses say because of the Grand Marquis steering ratio. Separately, in later BMWs with AWD, the steering is neutered by being laden with front axle components and different suspensions. But for most, the all-weather needs outweigh the wants of steering precision. And the F10, which BMW got a ton of flack for numbing road feel and flat handling, is one hellava comfy car.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom