We gonna have a drag strip day?

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area
im on a small tire in a heavy car with 800whp, even the awd cars were spinning the tires the last time i was there,
the track can be good I guess I just pick the wrong days to go

Trust me, I understand that!!
My 10" tire car can be a handful also, 1050 HP at 3200 lbs needs a quality prep or I was aborting every other run :(

Not sure how well they will have her Sunday, it's basically a JR day and we called & asked if they could squeeze in time for T&T, and I guess it worked??

Be safe every one!!!

Reactions: 1quick

CHI2000GTP

Grand Prix Junkie
TCG Premium
Dec 1, 2017
Chicago, IL
I even did one better and moved into Chicago.

Lived in Chicago for the last 10 years until moving just recently. Had a great experience with wife and 2 kiddos. It's awesome. Don't let the news scare ya. Hope it works out for you as well. We were up in the Avondale neighborhood. North-west side. What part you move to?

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Lived in Chicago for the last 10 years until moving just recently. Had a great experience with wife and 2 kiddos. It's awesome. Don't let the news scare ya. Hope it works out for you as well. We were up in the Avondale neighborhood. North-west side. What part you move to?

I'm in Irving Park. The area is fine. If I had it my way I never would have moved out of AZ.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Just saw that as well. Pissed cuz my buddy is out of town. Was waiting to test when I have some buddies there to go over stuff with as well as have a trailer for the car etc. didn’t want to drive it all the way there and back first time :/

Hopefully in the next few weeks things will line up. But def bummed about tomorrow.

CHI2000GTP

Grand Prix Junkie
TCG Premium
Dec 1, 2017
Chicago, IL
And I just woke up. Probably not going after all. Started reading up on what to expect (a little late, I know) and I’m not sure I would pass tech inspection. I have a small leak somewhere, maybe coolant. Not sure. Barely anything but still wetness in the engine bay. Not sure how strict GLD is. Also have the side window shades and started thinking they might require that those be taken off, so they don’t fly off. And the tune needs to be dialed in.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
And I just woke up. Probably not going after all. Started reading up on what to expect (a little late, I know) and I’m not sure I would pass tech inspection. I have a small leak somewhere, maybe coolant. Not sure. Barely anything but still wetness in the engine bay. Not sure how strict GLD is. Also have the side window shades and started thinking they might require that those be taken off, so they don’t fly off. And the tune needs to be dialed in.
gld won’t tech your car most likely, they don’t pop the hood on mine at all it runs pretty consistent high 9’s, that said you shouldn’t run if your leaking something it can be very dangerous for faster cars if you drip some coolant or oil down the track

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Makes sense. I shouldn’t be leaking anything if I’m racing it. What do you think about the window shades? Those gotta go?

I had the car all packed up too. Folding table, tools, jacks, spares. Fresh oil change last night. Mobil 1 filter! ....and I chickened out.
You talking about the plastic pieces that go around the edge of the window? I doubt they would care about that, they honestly let straight garbage cars run there and don’t care, the only time someone cares is if it blows up all over the track and they have to clean it, last time I was up there some dude leaked coolant all over the track and they didn’t even tell him not to run again he went back up an hour later and leaked coolant again lol

CHI2000GTP

Grand Prix Junkie
TCG Premium
Dec 1, 2017
Chicago, IL
Ohh. Dangg. Didn’t know it was like that. I have some wetness nothing that bad. And I didn’t want to remove the shades either. The other thing troubling me was the KR that I see sometimes because it leans out. I would probably have to ease of the throttle 2/3 of the way down the track and that’s no fun. I need to increase injector flow I’m told. Just procured the DHP PowerTuner software so need to dial that in.

Thread Info