NEW RIDE We’re an Explorer now!

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
How do I know if it's completely empty? I have filled it with a full gallon of washer fluid on numerous occasions.

I shouldn't have to "live with it" on a brand new car that has a MSRP of 60kish.
You should have a low washer fluid light that comes on. However, keep bringing it to the dealer and lemon law it, fuck it.

Reactions: blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
You should have a low washer fluid light that comes on. However, keep bringing it to the dealer and lemon law it, fuck it.
It's past 1 year/12k, isn't that the lemon law rule?

The Lemon Law DOES Cover: New Cars (purchased or leased)
Light Trucks and vans under 8,000 pounds
Recreational vehicles (excluding trailers)
Vehicles in their first 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first
Vehicles purchased in Illinois

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I can’t even believe this thing is still leaking fluid. Is there a new dealer close you can try out?

There is the Ford dealer in Plano, I believe where The Beast The Beast works, but we had a bad experience when looking to buy an Explorer ST there, so probably won't go there. There is a dealer in Naperville (Fair Oaks Ford) that I recently saw a courtesy car on the road (our dealer has no loaners right now) so I may inquire there and see about having another shop look at it. There's also a dealer in Oswego/Montgomery that we could go to.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
There is the Ford dealer in Plano, I believe where The Beast The Beast works, but we had a bad experience when looking to buy an Explorer ST there, so probably won't go there. There is a dealer in Naperville (Fair Oaks Ford) that I recently saw a courtesy car on the road (our dealer has no loaners right now) so I may inquire there and see about having another shop look at it. There's also a dealer in Oswego/Montgomery that we could go to.
Of course you had a bad experience there, you didn't deal with The Beast The Beast

Reactions: blue-sun

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So turns out Brandon wasn't the savior. Explorer ST still looses about 1/4 gallon of washer fluid every 2 weeks or so with no signs anywhere of it dripping.

That settles it. Burn all your let’s go Brandon tshirts.

Knock on wood you don’t have any real mechanical issues. These are annoying but it does sound like the car is mechanically fine. So far.

Maybe your wife installed the secret meth kit and she upped the boost and that’s where your washer fluid is going.

Sorry. Been trying to be more positive lately.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
That settles it. Burn all your let’s go Brandon tshirts.

Knock on wood you don’t have any real mechanical issues. These are annoying but it does sound like the car is mechanically fine. So far.

Maybe your wife installed the secret meth kit and she upped the boost and that’s where your washer fluid is going.

Sorry. Been trying to be more positive lately.
Mechanically it's fine. But without the option to be able to clean the windshield (bugs in summer, snow/salt in winter) it's a potential safety issue.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I think I would have a hard time buying a new car with a warranty these days because of my deep hatred for dealerships and their service dept that I would have to deal with.

Any follow up with the UV dye idea? I think that is the best bet to figure this out yourself and not have to deal with those clowns.

I will never forget the time I kept getting a random check engine light on my 2011 GT. The service dept tried telling me I wasn’t using the right technique to fill up my gas tank. I still haven’t been able to bend my mind and make any sense of that bullshit response. Fuck. Those. Places.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I think I would have a hard time buying a new car with a warranty these days because of my deep hatred for dealerships and their service dept that I would have to deal with.

Any follow up with the UV dye idea? I think that is the best bet to figure this out yourself and not have to deal with those clowns.

I will never forget the time I kept getting a random check engine light on my 2011 GT. The service dept tried telling me I wasn’t using the right technique to fill up my gas tank. I still haven’t been able to bend my mind and make any sense of that bullshit response. Fuck. Those. Places.
That's my issue. I'd rather pay my guys at work to fix/replace something than go to the dealer and deal with their incompetent bullshit.

Reactions: SleeperLS

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

VW tried that with my mom. She took the service manager to the gas station with her, showed him how she did it.

He said that same bullshit line. She then opened up the owners manual and asked him to point out where in the manual she didn't do exactly what was shown, and to please point out the section or pages where their "technique" was documented by VW.

Told her to take it to a different dealership. She's been going to the one Naperville ever since.

Reactions: SleeperLS

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton

Don't go to fair oaks. Their service department is awful

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Goose Jerk GIF by 9 Skies Photography

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I'm 1000000% sure I told the wife to not buy another Ford given all the issues we had with the Edge ST.

I was pushing for an Accord Sport 2.0T over this thing. Cost half as much and probably twice as reliable.
You'd be complaining about the tire pressures not staying the same from when you pull out of the garage to just after driving on the highway, or some other ridiculous shit :)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
You'd be complaining about the tire pressures not staying the same from when you pull out of the garage to just after driving on the highway, or some other ridiculous shit :)
Hey hey HEY!! Tire pressure being correct is necessary with these gas prices. I don’t want to piss money away.

Thread Info