Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
giphy.gif

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Don’t feel bad I have a guy trading in a 2020 golf GTI autobahn Ed says he has owned the car 9 mos and been in the shop 3 mos. He is sick of loaners and it one thing after another. He is buying a 5.0 21 f150 hopefully he has better luck.

what's wrong with his GTI? Mine has been flawless so far with almost 9k on it! My Jetta GLI was flawless when I traded it in with around 60k on it.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
what's wrong with his GTI? Mine has been flawless so far with almost 9k on it! My Jetta GLI was flawless when I traded it in with around 60k on it.
The bad luck you have with Ford is the same bad luck other guy has with VW. His F150 will be flawless for sure.

If I were you, I'd trade the Exploder in on an ID4.

Reactions: The Beast

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
The bad luck you have with Ford is the same bad luck other guy has with VW. His F150 will be flawless for sure.

If I were you, I'd trade the Exploder in on an ID4.

Not my car, wife's car. I was very anti-Ford with this purchase given all the Ford issues we had. I was hoping she would LOVE Accord Sport 2.0T, but she wanted a 3rd row vehicle. We have used that 3rd row a fair amount of times.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
so yesterday after work, while I was getting my tired swapped over to my winter wheels, wife came home and parked in the driveway while the garage door opens. Driveway isn't on a huge incline, but it's not flat. After she pulled in the garage when she went to grab the mail, she noticed water on the driveway where she was stopped.

Called Ford, will be dropping the car off tomorrow night and they will drive it and see if on an incline there they can see any fluid dripping. I told him I've been monitoring it and each time she drives it shes loosing 2-3 oz. I wonder if the drip is happening every time she's in the driveway, that's where it's loosing the fluid.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Forgot to update this thread. No real updates.

Took the Explorer back to the dealer on Wednesday night, I topped the washer fluid in the service bay when I dropped it off.

Dealer had it on an incline overnight, drove it about 20 miles, it went down about an ounce or 2 per the service advisor.

No signs of leaking anywhere. They removed the headliner to see if the lines to the rear wiper were leaking, nothing.

He put in some kind of ticket/request to Ford to have them investigate. When they hear back from Ford I assume they'll reach out to me.

We picked the car up on Friday evening, she actually used the fluid and I topped it off again, a few more ounces. It's not a big deal right now, but as the weather gets shitty and we have snow/rain mix, it can be a safety issue, which is why I'm pressing to get this fixed. The fluid HAS to be leaking/dripping from somewhere.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Explorer is at dealer for an oil change and fixing rashed rims. I asked again about the washer fluid leak, he said they'd look at it again. Dropped it off Sunday PM for a Monday AM appointment. Got a call in the late afternoon that they found a missing clip on the washer reservoir, so hopefully that's the culprit for the leak.

Still waiting for it to be ready to be picked up, but I will be watching the fluid again when it's back.

Reactions: minaz7r

Thread Info