NEW RIDE We’re an Explorer now!

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
No just saying. My wife’s best friend bought a new explorer the last style and it legit wouldn’t start at least once a week after it had about 5k miles on it. Traded it, and bought another Ford ?

Go back and read my linked Edge ST Woes thread. Wife's vehicles and when we had issues, we traded 1 expensive SUV for another one. I'm banning Fords going forward.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Summary:

Actual code:

Thanks, so bascially this:

According to the Illinois Attorney General’s Office, the Illinois lemon law covers vehicles that “have a nonconformity that both substantially impairs the use, market value or safety of the vehicle and is not repairable by the dealer or manufacturer in at least four attempts for the same repair” or vehicles that have been out of service for 30 or more business days.

Yeah, I was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY off with my 3x in a year comment The Beast The Beast

Reactions: dpwalsh14

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Coworkers got a 2020 as a company ride its been in the delaership 6 times.

My 2019 1 time for roof rack and seat bracket recall.

Punt it now. Ring ring..... Vroom, Carvana ect.

Reactions: blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
The universe already told you to not buy another Ferd. You did. This is your punishment!

I warned the wife about this exact thing. I don't know about your wife, but mine is ALWAYS right and I'm ALWAYS wrong, unless I'm not.

In this case, I was not wrong. I sent her the link from above about avoiding and mentioned that we should carvana it and see if we can break even on it and I told her no more Ford's.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro
Pretty much the same, but when it all comes down to it, I make the big financial decisions.

Have you made an appointment at the dealer yet? REALLY interested to see what's up.

They will likely do the battery relearn and calibration used for when you install a new battery and let it go.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Does the car have a door keypad? I've done plenty of exploder keypads that cause the battery to drain. The touch sensitive pad goes bad, thinks someone is pushing buttons and wakes up the security module. Usually drains the battery in a couple days.
Lock the car and watch the keypad, does it light up on it's own?

It does, but we never use it. Edge ST had one and we never used it either.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Pretty much the same, but when it all comes down to it, I make the big financial decisions.

Have you made an appointment at the dealer yet? REALLY interested to see what's up.

It's hard to veto financial decisions when she's a controller for an accounting company being prepped to become the CFO.

She's great at handling money, just not ours. :ROFLMAO:

No appointment made yet.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Called and made an appointment. Talked to the same service advisor that I was dealing with on the Edge ST and told him what’s going on. He said there’s a TSB/ software update for the car not starting like it did last week. Sent that to the wife with a subtle “I told you so”.

3EB6792F-EE80-4C74-A8EE-5EB8C6CF5206.jpeg

Called and made an appointment. Talked to the same service advisor that I was dealing with on the Edge ST and told him what’s going on. He said there’s a TSB/ software update for the car not starting like it did last week. Sent that to the wife with a subtle “I told you so”.

View attachment 97178

TSB only for people who complain that’s why no notifications

Thread Info