3800 WBS H.I.D. kit questions...

UR LOSN

Pirate Sloth!
Oct 22, 2007
Rockford
hooked everything up and turned them on. and they looked amazing. sooo much brighter than the silverstars....mch more exact(hard to explain) position rather than shinning light everywhere.

anyways. they were on for maybe 10sec...then the RF light goes out. I pulled the 7.5amp fuse....it is blown. I didnt have another 7.5 so I put in a 10. light works great. I turb them back on and then 10sec later the LF goes out. I chck hat fuse...sure nough..it is blown. I put another 10 in that one and heu everything works. they have been on for the past 30 min and n more problems.

just wondering why the fuses would blow? has anyone else had this problem?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Sorry Jacob. Those fuses are right on the verge of being too little for the kit. It's touch to size them right because of the big power draw at startup. I have 12.5s or 15s in mine and haven't had a problem. I'd probably recommend 10's if you have a problem with the originals though.

UR LOSN

Pirate Sloth!
Oct 22, 2007
Rockford
Thanks!!! I had thought I had done something wrong.

sorry audio..I already put in another order for the fogs in 5000k from the WBS.

you have to mount the ballists on the frame? I had put on the core suport on the drivers side( on frame), and the passenger, because of piping....I put on the plastic air ducing behind the inercooler....not touching anything metal. they seam to work great.....

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Thanks!!! I had thought I had done something wrong.

sorry audio..I already put in another order for the fogs in 5000k from the WBS.

you have to mount the ballists on the frame? I had put on the core suport on the drivers side( on frame), and the passenger, because of piping....I put on the plastic air ducing behind the inercooler....not touching anything metal. they seam to work great.....
[/b]

I mounted mine on the bumper under the bumper cover kinda behind the grills. I was told that is where your supposed to mount them.

UR LOSN

Pirate Sloth!
Oct 22, 2007
Rockford
I cannot mount mine there do to the fact that that section is missing for the front mount. I had to improvise....the drivers front is under the section of frame where a FWI would go...to avoid piping. the passenger side I HAD mounted on the plastic air ducting in front of the radiator.

I had them on tonight to reaim the headlights.....I had noticed that the passenger side comes on a split second later than the drivers....this might be to the mounting of the ballists...and ironcily enough the 10 amp fuse I put into them..ended up blowing on the passenger. I have little to no room for mounting the ballist anywhere on that side. if all else fails I will weld a metal plate on the end of the support so I can mount it away from the piping and IC.

Thansk for everyones help!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info