v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Hi everyone,

First of all, am I late to notice that HP finally came out with the MPVI2 pro?? Sweeeet.

Anyway, I am nowhere near ready to be looking into that because it turns out that I need some schooling on vocabulary and how our ECMs work. I was reading into tuning my stock '02 Camaro ECM with a wide band feeding the EGR pintle position circuit. It sounds like a pretty crafty way to get this stuff to work together, but some of the manuals for these gauges are unclear to me. For instance, when the instructions advertise "analog output" they don't mean a sine wave right? I just need a 0.5-4.5V output. Right?

Sorry if this sounds really basic, but this is my first serious build. I just don't want to waste a lot of money of parts that I don't need or won't work for what I'm doing. This is the gauge I'm interested in. Let me know if you gurus think it's a good buy. If I read past all the information that applies to AEM EMS it looks to me like it will work. Thanks!

https://www.aemelectronics.com/files/instructions/30-5143 Analog E85 Wideband UEGO Gauge E85 AFR.pdf

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I found I didn't need to log the WB. It's stays fairly consistent during a WOT run. I just glanced at it, saw what it was and made adjustments to the tune.

This will work for coarse tuning to get you started. Not perfect, but still way better than flying totally blind.

I just figured I would go for it since it looked easy and the circuit was going unused otherwise.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I just wanted to thank everybody here for the tips and reassurance. I started wiring my gauge yesterday, and decided to run my i/o through the now unused AC pressure switch circuit. This was easier than pulling wires through the loom from the EGR. My car is also conveniently basic. The only option it came with was rear defrost, so I have the traction control and fog light wiring to use for auxiliary gauge power. I was so stoked that I even made a supplement drawing to put into my dealer manual for future reference. I'll update it once I find out where my power and grounds are located.

VpNI5Zy.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info