Waverunner shopping

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Since there are a bunch of people who seem to know the wave runner market, I have a 96 GTX with aluminum triton trailer I have been tossing around the idea of selling. The last time the ski was on the water (about 3 years ago) the throttle cable fell off the carb and ended my day. Fast forward it sat from that day till this summer when I very quickly attempted to start it and was unsuccessful. I would imagine it would need to have the carbs cleaned/tune up but I haven't really diagnosed yet. Any idea what it is worth in todays market? I have new tires for the trailer, floor grips and a few other misc new parts for it and it also has a all season cover for the ski while on the trailer. I have a buddy who has asked me about selling it a couple times but honestly have no idea what its worth as is verses just keeping it and fixing one day.

Is the trailer from 96 also? I would do a compression test and make sure it is nothing more serious. Oviously it is worth more running and this isnt the best time to sell something like that. I would say running probably $1500 for the package. If you want it gone before winter put it up there for $1000 and hold firm on that.

Reactions: Boostie and Yaj Yak

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Is the trailer from 96 also? I would do a compression test and make sure it is nothing more serious. Oviously it is worth more running and this isnt the best time to sell something like that. I would say running probably $1500 for the package. If you want it gone before winter put it up there for $1000 and hold firm on that.

I would have to look at the title but I am pretty sure the trailer is similar, maybe one year newer. I didn't do an actual compression test but I probably should. I have heard all sorts of stories on random crap that goes bad on the rotax engine from sitting but with everything else going on this summer and buying a boat the wave runner just sat after fiddling with it for about an hour. Part of me wants to keep it for a future project since the engine is easy to work on but the OCD side of me is annoyed of the yard art.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info