Waverunner shopping

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So I’m thinking about grabbing a cheaper waverunner to add to the collection. Anyone have experience with the Seadoo Sparks?

I know they are very basic but I’m not looking to spend more than 4/5k. Better to go with a newer spark or an older more optioned waverunner?

two year old thread but i got to ride a spark yesterday and it's fucking hilariously fun and different from a "big" pwc.

48-50 mph on the thing felt fun but sketchy as fuck compared to a "fullsize" one and it's quick as fuck outta the hole for how few horsepowers it supposedly have.

i can definitely see the appeal. i don't think i'd personally ride one but it felt like a fucking dirtbike :rofl:

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Kind of relevant to the topic, but does anyone have a line on a single place trailer? I’ve called dealers and if they have one it’s a double place which I don’t need. I guess COVID is impacting their supply chain. I also saw a few on Craigslist but no luck there either.

I see them all the time on Facebook marketplace. You will probably pay $1000 for something newer and nice tho...

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I see them there too (usually cross sold on CL too) but honestly the people that are selling are flakes. I reach out and never hear back or get an initial communication and ask for info only to get ghosted.

Honestly craigslist is a bit more reliable these days. Maybe the fact that it requires more work to post something makes sellers more easier to work with.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Kind of relevant to the topic, but does anyone have a line on a single place trailer? I’ve called dealers and if they have one it’s a double place which I don’t need. I guess COVID is impacting their supply chain. I also saw a few on Craigslist but no luck there either.

I've had my eye open- i haven't forgotten- just haven't seen shit.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I see them there too (usually cross sold on CL too) but honestly the people that are selling are flakes. I reach out and never hear back or get an initial communication and ask for info only to get ghosted.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
RA Adam's in McHenry had a few single place trailers out front as of today
giphy.gif

Reactions: PANDA

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
$1500 throw tax/fees/bs on it it's a $2,000 nutshot

• Dislike
Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Since there are a bunch of people who seem to know the wave runner market, I have a 96 GTX with aluminum triton trailer I have been tossing around the idea of selling. The last time the ski was on the water (about 3 years ago) the throttle cable fell off the carb and ended my day. Fast forward it sat from that day till this summer when I very quickly attempted to start it and was unsuccessful. I would imagine it would need to have the carbs cleaned/tune up but I haven't really diagnosed yet. Any idea what it is worth in todays market? I have new tires for the trailer, floor grips and a few other misc new parts for it and it also has a all season cover for the ski while on the trailer. I have a buddy who has asked me about selling it a couple times but honestly have no idea what its worth as is verses just keeping it and fixing one day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info