đź’¦ Detailing Waterless Wash- That won't freeze.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
I don't think you are going to find something like that honestly. Anything that is going to prevent it from freezing, some kind of alcohol most likely is going to destroy the finish.

I've used ONR on a vehicle in a garage during the winter without much issue but never something that was outside and the panels were cold where the liquid would instantly freeze.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
I really don't think you will find something much better. If you are looking for just a quick touchup while out and about I think a good coat of wax and a thermos of warm/hot water and a rag would be a better option.

With the panels being cold spraying anything that is water based is going to freeze immediately. Anything I can think of to lower the freezing point is going to strip any finish or paint right off

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
a rinseless wash diluted for a QD or clay lube with warm water in a spray bottle may be an option. Spray it on the towel and then wipe the area
How cold is it when you are doing this ? 10* or like 28* ?

What areas of the machines are you cleaning ? sounds like you are fighting an up hill battle but the fact that the Megs product you are using is a wash and wax, that might be where some of the extra smearing is coming from

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
a rinseless wash diluted for a QD or clay lube with warm water in a spray bottle may be an option. Spray it on the towel and then wipe the area
How cold is it when you are doing this ? 10* or like 28* ?

What areas of the machines are you cleaning ? sounds like you are fighting an up hill battle but the fact that the Megs product you are using is a wash and wax, that might be where some of the extra smearing is coming from

I didn't even catch the wax part. Thats probably the main problem. Its just hardening up.

You could try something like Optimum No Rinse sprayed on a rag. It has lots of other uses too so its a nice product to keep on hand anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info