• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Water Temp gauge fitting

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
I removed the fitting on the driver side of the engine block when I installed my mechanical water temp gauge, and now I'm remove the gauge and need to put that fitting/plug back in... but I can't seem to find it, nor do I remember what it looks like.

anyone know the type of plug, thread info pitch etc?

anyone have pictures or description?

Thanks in advance

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
It is either a 3/8 inch pipe plug or 1/4 inch pipe plug, but I think it's 3/8's.

It is just a standard pipe thread, nothing special. Any type of head you can find will work, but they usually come with a hex head from the factory.

Ace hardware or Menards will have them.
Just put some teflon tape on it.

Dan

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
It is either a 3/8 inch pipe plug or 1/4 inch pipe plug, but I think it's 3/8's.

It is just a standard pipe thread, nothing special. Any type of head you can find will work, but they usually come with a hex head from the factory.

Ace hardware or Menards will have them.
Just put some teflon tape on it.

Dan

Brian (Vobraman) stopped by and brought two similar plugs, a 1/4" and a 3/8", he said one was for the coolant and the other for the oil gauge.

the 3/8" plug had white residue on the inside, while the 1/4" was clean and shinny. So I figure it has to be the 3/8" one.

hopefully I can find it in my garage.... I remember saving it.. just don't know where it went since the move.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Jack
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list