Water Temp gauge fitting

Jack1

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
I removed the fitting on the driver side of the engine block when I installed my mechanical water temp gauge, and now I'm remove the gauge and need to put that fitting/plug back in... but I can't seem to find it, nor do I remember what it looks like.

anyone know the type of plug, thread info pitch etc?

anyone have pictures or description?

Thanks in advance

Dana

Bluesmobile
Reaction score
It is either a 3/8 inch pipe plug or 1/4 inch pipe plug, but I think it's 3/8's.

It is just a standard pipe thread, nothing special. Any type of head you can find will work, but they usually come with a hex head from the factory.

Ace hardware or Menards will have them.
Just put some teflon tape on it.

Dan

OP
Jack1

Jack1

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
It is either a 3/8 inch pipe plug or 1/4 inch pipe plug, but I think it's 3/8's.

It is just a standard pipe thread, nothing special. Any type of head you can find will work, but they usually come with a hex head from the factory.

Ace hardware or Menards will have them.
Just put some teflon tape on it.

Dan

Brian (Vobraman) stopped by and brought two similar plugs, a 1/4" and a 3/8", he said one was for the coolant and the other for the oil gauge.

the 3/8" plug had white residue on the inside, while the 1/4" was clean and shinny. So I figure it has to be the 3/8" one.

hopefully I can find it in my garage.... I remember saving it.. just don't know where it went since the move.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom