đź’¦ Detailing Water Softening

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
I have a traditional big box store water softener. Had my water tested until the hardness was where I wanted it. Which of course is set to kill so I can wash my car without drying

How are you able to not dry your car with soft water? Water softeners just replace calcium and magnesium with sodium or potassium. I still need my cr spotless even with soft water or it will leave soft water spots (potassium). The nice thing though is I can wash and rinse with soft water and then do a deionized spot free rinse at the end.

petro55

May 8, 2016
How are you able to not dry your car with soft water? Water softeners just replace calcium and magnesium with sodium or potassium. I still need my cr spotless even with soft water or it will leave soft water spots (potassium). The nice thing though is I can wash and rinse with soft water and then do a deionized spot free rinse at the end.

That’s not how water softeners work. The salt is used to rinse minerals off of a resin. The resin pulls the minerals off of the water.

If you have everything sized correctly and regenerate when the resin starts getting saturated your water will leave little to no water spots and get your car crazy clean.

I sent my water to a company called aqua science, they sized one up based on bathrooms and people one the house.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
That’s not how water softeners work. The salt is used to rinse minerals off of a resin. The resin pulls the minerals off of the water.

If you have everything sized correctly and regenerate when the resin starts getting saturated your water will leave little to no water spots and get your car crazy clean.

I sent my water to a company called aqua science, they sized one up based on bathrooms and people one the house.

Not to be mean, but you are incorrect. Water softeners work by ion exchange. Please do a google search. For every ion of cal/mag that is removed, it is replaced with and ion of sodium.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Throw us a link.

i have one of these on the spigot in my garage

Reactions: Bird1989 and DEEZUZ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info