đź”– Deals Watch deals.....

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
I was also going to try it but after watching the youtube reviews, not gonna bother.

just checked out some of the youtube videos. maybe ill be the guinee pig for the group.

going to do the 99 dollar one, quarterly. ill post back here when my first one arrives. i do see they have a huge facebook page for selling watches between watchgang members. cant get in without an account. going to log in to that soon.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Seems excessive. Why did you need a new crystal?

Yeah, it was pretty beat up, and had a pretty significant scratch that I've tried and failed to get out.

The watch is an automatic from the late 70's early 80's. We had it refreshed by Tag in Switzerland, and was around the $800-900 mark about 8 years ago. New crystal another $100

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Did you buy this? I’ve heard bad things about this company.
Made a significant purchase today. Will post more later.
!!

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Any recommendations on good place to take watches for refreshing in the west burbs?

Have a bunch that need batteries, new links, cleaning and possibly new crystal replacement.

Georgetown Jewlers in Woodale has been my go to for everything jewelry related. Great service. This is the first time I've had my watch into them for service. Can't tell you whether the price is good or not or if the work is good or not, but all my past experiences have been exemplary.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Any recommendations on good place to take watches for refreshing in the west burbs?

Have a bunch that need batteries, new links, cleaning and possibly new crystal replacement.

I bought a watch kit that came with a bunch of tools, pry tools, holder, ect so that I could replace the battery on my Movado. It'll also come in handy when I replace some pins on the band as well. I will probably need to send it in somewhere to get it completely refreshed, make sure the gears are working properly or even just replace the head completely since there's a chip on the Tungsten Carbide right by the pin.

Reactions: BS ISF

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Georgetown Jewlers in Woodale has been my go to for everything jewelry related. Great service. This is the first time I've had my watch into them for service. Can't tell you whether the price is good or not or if the work is good or not, but all my past experiences have been exemplary.

I grew up in wood dale and used them for years until they fucked up my Tissot!! They didn't tighten down the screws 100% and water got in the dial and on the face. That one I may have to send back to Tissot to have refinished but need to check out others before I make that decision.

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
I bought a watch kit that came with a bunch of tools, pry tools, holder, ect so that I could replace the battery on my Movado. It'll also come in handy when I replace some pins on the band as well. I will probably need to send it in somewhere to get it completely refreshed, make sure the gears are working properly or even just replace the head completely since there's a chip on the Tungsten Carbide right by the pin.

My bro is a watch nut and he has everything to due it. Unfortunately he works 3rd shift for Comed and our schedules hardly match up on weekends.

Reactions: importcrew

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
My bro is a watch nut and he has everything to due it. Unfortunately he works 3rd shift for Comed and our schedules hardly match up on weekends.
Couldn't you have him just drop it off on an off day on the front door (packaged or something)? Not sure how far he lives though. I don't think you're at all close otherwise I'd lend you mine.

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Couldn't you have him just drop it off on an off day on the front door (packaged or something)? Not sure how far he lives though. I don't think you're at all close otherwise I'd lend you mine.

Thank you for the offer but yeah we are pretty damn far apart. My bro is in west elgin so hopefully we can get a date settled and just knock these out.

Reactions: importcrew

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Did you buy this? I’ve heard bad things about this company.
Made a significant purchase today. Will post more later.
Yo Rick,
I did NOT purchase a watch from them. I watched several YT videos about the "instagram" pop up watch companies and most were crap.

Reactions: Turk
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info