3800 Washer fluid pump

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Originally posted by DaytonaPrixMI@Feb 5 2005, 01:59 PM
So I finally got around to checking into the mysterious disappearance of my washer fluid. Turns out its all there, but it doesn't come out. So I started the car and had someone try and use them whole I listened for the pump. Looks like that is blown since I didn't hear it. How hard is this to replace, and what do I need to do?
[snapback]70482[/snapback]​

on the washer fluid container....there is a black connector that goes into the washer bottle. all you need to do is pull it straight up. It will pop out, and just disconnect the power connector to it. Then just pop the new one pump onto the connector, and pop it back onto the washer bottle.

thats it :lol:

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Originally posted by DaytonaPrixMI@Feb 5 2005, 06:01 PM
that sounds easy, where is the connector and whats the easiest way to get to it? And thanks for the help, I appreciate it!
[snapback]70511[/snapback]​

The connector....is part of your wiring harness. It gives the pump power.......has a snap in connector..like the head lights/tps. all you do is push down on the snap, and pull it out of the pump. The easiest way...either go in from the wheelwell, or take the front fascia off...then everyhting is right there. It will take approx: 2 min to remove old pump, and put new one in.(once bumper is off)

also make sure you reconnect the hose that actually goes to the wipes. it just slips onto the top of the pump. :) you may also want to invest in another bottle of washer fluid. depends on how quick you are taking the old one out to putting in the new one. all the fluid will fly out of the whole for the pump.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• D
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list