3800 Wash the Engine

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
I was curious. At those D.I.Y. drive up car washes there is always a setting "tire/Engine cleaner." Is that really safe to be spraying that stuff on the engine. i would be bagging the pcm if i did it, but I was hoping that it would make an easy way to wash all the grim and oil off of my engine block before showing it to a potential buyer. Any experience with these things? this setting isn't really a powerwash because the pressure is lower, but i am just wondering if there is anything that i should avoid getting wet.

BC

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
yeah, fredos got it.

I did the same and WOW.....looks damm good.

I just covered the ALT, BAT, and FUSE box....

Sparyed simple green on my hot engine....wiated to soak for like 10 minutes.

I used the hose on gentle in most spots, but some I turned it on FUll blast for a few. i was pretty far away though.

Just took while to dry it all after wards....all the water gets caught under the SC in all those gaps and around the injectors PITA......

I

imported_Ron Vogel

It's ok to get everything wet, just don't hit the important things with high pressure, ie: 02 sensor connector, coils, TPS, MAF. Everything else is fair game. I use a brass wire brush on the aluminum stuff with the simple green and it gets off the flaky white stuff real well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info