Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, Been almost a year before I was bored enough to have to find something to watch. Decided to start this.

Very inner monologgy. Tons of it in fact. If inner monolog annoys you, this series will quickly piss you off, especially parts of Season 2.

Monolog doesn't bother me, so I kept watching. The World building is actually much better than expected. From a narrative standpoint you aren't massively bombarded with infodump, so the writing is good there. From the first 3 episodes Screen Rant would have a hard time finding a good scene to use the "Barely and inconvenience" line as most events are given a plausible reason for happening. The pacing is also well done for the characters, backstories are filled out in what feels like a natural progression.

This is definitely a "teen" type drama thing. Episode 2 was a bit annoying, especially due to the inner monolog of the main character thinking about a boy. Could have done without that, mostly just picked up my phone there and ignored those scenes till the plot actually moved forward again.

Action. Nothing really so far beyond some Guns, CGI demons, and glowing mythical metal. From the trailers you can see there will be heavy martial choreography, but its not here yet.

All in all, despite the Teen drama bits, the World Building has me invested enough to keep watching and ignoring the bits that do annoy me. Next episode will probably determine if I shut it off and add it to the ignore list, or if I'll give it the time and actually watch it all the way through.

Won't say its good, but its certainly not bad. Right now that makes it mediocre.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Okay. Past episode 5 this picks up and finishes pretty strong, worth the watch. The teen drama dies hard and we never see him again.

With a decent twist I did not see coming, some actually good mis-direction going on. Season 2 is coming at some point and I'm glad it is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info