Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
First episode down...I wont be continuing tonight as I'm wiped out BUT I will be diving right back in tomorrow. My thoughts:

It feels like a mix of a few different genres...asian kung fu, western, mob, cheesy chinese action flicks, cheesy action flicks in general....but thats what has me hooked. Its all genres I enjoy.

The writing is all over the place in regards to the dialogue...it ranges from cheesy to serious to typical. The acting also feels all over the place but I think that is the same for all series premiers.

The action is top fucking notch tho and that has me very excited. I'm all in on this. Cant wait to dive deeper.

Also, I love the music choices....it doesnt match the genre or time period but feels right at home. The title sequence is especially great.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm gonna give this one more episode before I throw in the towel...I'm pretty bored with it when it focuses on the awful story and boring characters...the fighting is the only thing that saves it. Hopefully my mind gets changed.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
giphy.gif

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Watched the first 3 episodes. Im hooked so far. Main dude is basically Asian Keanu Reeves :LOL: But much more charismatic. And he can whoop some ass too. Fight scenes have been freaking excellent so far. Its a period show, which Im an absolute sucker for, but it does take liberties. The dialog and the way they talk to each other is definitely not "of the time period", and the music is modernized, but it works. The set and wardrobe are on point tho. I also like how they handle the language differences, like some scenes starting out in chinese with subtitles and then transitioning to english, kinda like how Vikings did it. Gonna stick with this and see where it goes. For a series executive produced by Justin Lin and based on stories by Bruce Lee, I fail to see how it can go wrong so far.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info