TV Warrior [Cinemax]

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/wnUVQ_S_7Zk

Warrior is a gritty, action-packed crime drama set during the brutal Tong Wars of San Francisco’s Chinatown in the second half of the 19th century. The series follows Ah Sahm, a martial arts prodigy who immigrates from China to San Francisco under mysterious circumstances, and becomes a hatchet man for one of Chinatown’s most powerful tongs (Chinese organized crime family).
https://www.slashfilm.com/warrior-trailer/

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Banshee was awesome. Pumped for this.

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching this? I had it set to record and watch 4 episodes this weekend, I’m fucking hooked! So far it’s pretty damn good with some brutal fight scenes and excellent titties. Do recommend, hopefully the rest of the season is as good.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Fuck! Totally forgot about this. Looks like I need to cancel HBO and add Cinemax back to the rotation.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
First episode down...I wont be continuing tonight as I'm wiped out BUT I will be diving right back in tomorrow. My thoughts:

It feels like a mix of a few different genres...asian kung fu, western, mob, cheesy chinese action flicks, cheesy action flicks in general....but thats what has me hooked. Its all genres I enjoy.

The writing is all over the place in regards to the dialogue...it ranges from cheesy to serious to typical. The acting also feels all over the place but I think that is the same for all series premiers.

The action is top fucking notch tho and that has me very excited. I'm all in on this. Cant wait to dive deeper.

Also, I love the music choices....it doesnt match the genre or time period but feels right at home. The title sequence is especially great.

J-LO

Reaction score
love me a brothel LOL. Show is good, not sure it has longevity, but so far Im a watcher. as said, fight scenes are great, and the 2 -3 fucks a show dont hurt either LOL

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
I agree with all of that. It’s definitely all over the place, but as long as they keep the action scenes as good as they have been with the music and somewhat of a story I’ll be hooked.

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
Caught back up with this. Man episodes 5 and on have been amazing. I’m fully into this show.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I really need to get back to this... I didn't get far.

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
It’s worth it, the characters are developing nicely and although predictable it still keeps you engaged.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
The dialog is so bad in this :rofl: Especially for the Chinese.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I'm gonna give this one more episode before I throw in the towel...I'm pretty bored with it when it focuses on the awful story and boring characters...the fighting is the only thing that saves it. Hopefully my mind gets changed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom