Wanted: Old Golf GTI

Rotard

No respect
Reaction score
May have to get rid of the Focus and only have 3 grand so if anyone has any info on a a GTI, Corrado or any other sporty car around that figure (with a manual), that would be great. Thanks for the help!

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
Reaction score
May have to get rid of the Focus and only have 3 grand so if anyone has any info on a a GTI, Corrado or any other sporty car around that figure (with a manual), that would be great. Thanks for the help!
Guy at my work has a Corrado. Little thing moves out.

OP
Rotard

Rotard

No respect
Reaction score
Is he selling it? Theres a guy on Harlem seling his I might check it out, they are really rare n good shape. I really want a Gen2 GTI though light as balls and fun in the twisties. Kind of like my car:clap:

Mystic544

TimmaY
Reaction score
Don't trade you SVT Focus off with the go fast goodies on her
Swap them on over to mine;) Especially if you have some all season tires!
:alcoholicTimmaY

The new Golf is a pretty good looking car. Since there really isn't much out in the market place like our cars these days - I have been passively looking at them and the mini cooper S.... lol little go carts

OP
Rotard

Rotard

No respect
Reaction score
^^ I might do that ; ). She won't be gone, my dad might drive her. sorry no all seasons though, that was the next purchase. All tentative plans at the time, I'll keep you posted. The reason I want an old GTI (specifically Mark II) is the fact that they are light and handle great, like the SVT, and even similar performance. Plus i finally get a car to wrench on since it is really simple and cheap, and still classy, not like a civic or anything. My insurance is the main reason i may switch since it is absolutely killing me.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Reaction score
I imagine youre already a member of vwvortex.com? I was a member there before I found the SVT sites. Idk what I was thinking.

OP
Rotard

Rotard

No respect
Reaction score
I imagine youre already a member of vwvortex.com? I was a member there before I found the SVT sites. Idk what I was thinking.
If things progress and become serious then yes, I was trolling that site today TONS of info. As of right now I don"t know the direction I will be taking to absolve my insurance issue so I did not sign up.

I would like to keep my car because I am a little nervous driving a car almost as old as I am, if not older. Plus my GF would hate it even more than the Focus, which is hard to believe.

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Reaction score
I doubt you would want to make the drive but there is an older man selling a yellow gti 5 spd in front of his house here at ISU in Normal ill...I could get info for you.

OP
Rotard

Rotard

No respect
Reaction score
I doubt you would want to make the drive but there is an older man selling a yellow gti 5 spd in front of his house here at ISU in Normal ill...I could get info for you.
That would be great, what year? I have a buddy down at ISU, hes actually on these forums so i could make a trip down there.

OP
Rotard

Rotard

No respect
Reaction score
BUMP! Does anyone know where to find one or know of one?

v8venomgt

Reaction score
my buddy has a golf 1.8 t. its not turboed but he has some light bolt ons, and a lot of cosmetic stuff done. i think hes selling it for around 3

OP
Rotard

Rotard

No respect
Reaction score
How old? this is the generation I'm looking for, and I can only afford around 1g, where this generations value falls:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom