WANTED: android phone

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Well, just got my mom a Pixel 4a, and with TCG's suggestion loaded Nova Launcher on it. It was $350 new from Google or Amazon, and was unlocked. She's had it a week and is quite thrilled with it. She was also coming from a basic flip phone, so really any smart phone would have been an improvement except for durability and battery life.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Well, just got my mom a Pixel 4a, and with TCG's suggestion loaded Nova Launcher on it. It was $350 new from Google or Amazon, and was unlocked. She's had it a week and is quite thrilled with it. She was also coming from a basic flip phone, so really any smart phone would have been an improvement except for durability and battery life.
after much consideration, i ended up ordering a new 4a direct from google this morning.
specs wise, its pretty nice. better than my OG pixel XL that is. and for the money, how could you complain?

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I can't get over how expensive the flagship phones have gotten. When the time comes, I might have to go with a 'non-premium' phone myself. Can't justify paying more for a phone than a loaded laptop.
I agree, which is why I still have my iPhone 6s that’s fucked by iOS 14. Just can’t justify the high cost.

My mom is really enjoying the 4a. Coming from a flip phone and being 75 years old it didn’t take much to impress her. She loves that she doesn’t have to sit at home and wait for an email or phone call now, for things such as appointments.

Actually got her using the swift key when using the keyboard, and the fingerprint reader for security.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• daturbosix
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list