• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

want to change pullies

noavgcobra

Addict
Aug 14, 2006
i have the ported eaton with a 2.93 and idlers and i want to break the 500hp to the wheels club. its putting down 489 now. i want to do a new upper and a lower pully setup. what can i do without having to change injectors and do i need to do a fuel pump if i change. i know i have to change my jlt cai to the high flow and just that may get me there but i still want a little more power

thanks, Erik

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
noavgcobra said:
i have the ported eaton with a 2.93 and idlers and i want to break the 500hp to the wheels club. its putting down 489 now. i want to do a new upper and a lower pully setup. what can i do without having to change injectors and do i need to do a fuel pump if i change. i know i have to change my jlt cai to the high flow and just that may get me there but i still want a little more power

thanks, Erik

If you have the 2.93 right now you should be making 12-13 lbs. You can go with a 2.80 and that should net you another 1-2 lbs. I believe that for every pound of boost you obtain 20 hp that being at the flywheel so with the ported blower and an extra couple pounds of boost that should get your 500 HP to the wheels without pushing the need for bigger injectors. I ran right around 14-15 psi back when I still have my steigmeir and didnt need injectors and or fuel pump upgrades(fuel pump wouldnt be a bad idea though). You go higher than that you are more than likely gonna run outta fuel.

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
Stangfreak91 said:
If you go this route you will need the injectors, alt pulley and pumps along with a tune.

I know of one Cobra that has a 2.8 upper only with ported blower made 511rwhp and 487 Rwtq.

+1 Yup you are going to be tettering on the edge with fuel management. I have to ask the question are you wanting to do this because you want to get your car faster or just to say you have 500hp under the hood? If you are getting bit by the hp bug and going to be moding the car down the line why not save up your $$$$ so you can get the pulley/injectors you want? Just a thought I kept changing pullies one after the other until I ended up doing a twin screw....sigh..and I still dont think im done yet :headbang: :rolleyes:

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
Dragon03 said:
+1 Yup you are going to be tettering on the edge with fuel management. I have to ask the question are you wanting to do this because you want to get your car faster or just to say you have 500hp under the hood? If you are getting bit by the hp bug and going to be moding the car down the line why not save up your $$$$ so you can get the pulley/injectors you want? Just a thought I kept changing pullies one after the other until I ended up doing a twin screw....sigh..and I still dont think im done yet :headbang: :rolleyes:

If it's the HP bug well If you have 489 @ the wheel than its a safe bet that you have 500 under the hood.

Lower pulley are expensive and alittle more work to put on, but the Torque you get from them are worth it, once you add the upper than everything else is being spun much faster, and you will need to slow it down , so back in your pocket for the Alt pulley, once thats solved then you need to address that fact that your mass air is now pegged.

rlbforum

Apr 8, 2006
noavgcobra said:

thanks, Erik

Erik,

I am running a Stage 3 steggy port. JLT fender kit, 2.8 upper and 2lb lower, accufab TB and plenum, borla stinger cb, and mafia. Kurgan did my car a couple weeks ago and it put 492 down.

I was running 15.5 lbs of boost and starting getting belt slip at top of run. (has metco 100 tensioner to help but still slipped) Bob said I was just about the end of stock fuel.

Could you squeeze an extra 8 out of it. Yeah i am sure, but the tune was safe and I don't have to worrry about it. If 500 is the number for you, keep the 2.93 upper and do a 4lb lower.

As others stated you'll max out fuel next after you do something about the MAF which is most likely pegged.

noavgcobra

Addict
Aug 14, 2006
i have the mafia and its gay but i just want the 500 at the wheels for my ego issues. slight error in pully size i actually have the 2.76 billet flow upper.i also have an exhaust leak that is probably hurting me. gonna go with the new cai and fix the exhaust. the tensioner set is keeping away the belt slip so i may have this tune checked after the fixes..i know the power is there

thanks guys, Erik

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
noavgcobra said:
i have the mafia and its gay but i just want the 500 at the wheels for my ego issues. slight error in pully size i actually have the 2.76 billet flow upper.i also have an exhaust leak that is probably hurting me. gonna go with the new cai and fix the exhaust. the tensioner set is keeping away the belt slip so i may have this tune checked after the fixes..i know the power is there

thanks guys, Erik

Erik,

Get the JLT Highboost cai with the massive filter. You should pick up a pound of boost from just that and then get the exhaust leak taken care of.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
I hear JLT makes a decent product, And I don't want to start another "whats the best CAI thread" I'd just watch for the marketing ploy and the fancy words ex. " Highboost" cai. KN FIPK has been proven to make the best power on the terminator at around $160. Now I don't have one my car! I opted for the the $70 speed inc version without the heatshield and it seams to be working just fine. By all means get what you want, just me .02

noavgcobra

Addict
Aug 14, 2006
thanks for the input it definatly worth .02 its great talking to everyone any getting all the knowledge of this site. makes the decissions a little more difficult but the options are all good. think im gonna save some $ up and get the 6lb lower with the 3.1 upper and 60lbh injectors. i really want my torque back up there and this wil guarantee my numbers. so for now it is 489 to the wheels

thanks, Erik

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info