• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Want ceramic headers for 03 Cobra... JBA vs. FRPP...

CobraCommander

Rice & Beans
Mar 27, 2005
Not looking for HP, just lower under-hood temps and maybe some sound differences...

Blane had mentioned some people having issues with JBA and I was always looking at the FRPP headers anyway, but there is no listing for 03-04 Cobra, only up until 02 (which didnt exist)...

Anyway, Ford lists it for the 03/04 on the site if you search for it and there are a couple FRPP buildups that mention these headers...

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5700

Anyone have any insight on whether or not they indeed fit without being a pain in the ass? Anyone running JBA?

Thanks!

Cobra Dude

Regular
Mar 19, 2004
You are better off with a good exhaust system without the headers. Headers will become a problem during their life cycle. If you are not going with the Roll Bar, and the rest of the nine yards for a low 10 or 9 second machine, forget about headers. They are not a good investment on a Street Cobra.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Cobra Dude said:
You are better off with a good exhaust system without the headers. Headers will become a problem during their life cycle. If you are not going with the Roll Bar, and the rest of the nine yards for a low 10 or 9 second machine, forget about headers. They are not a good investment on a Street Cobra.

I think he's looking to do it for more of a sound thing than for performance.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Consider the MAC longtubes.

DO NOT consider the JBA parts. The one set I saw was junk from the design to the welds.

Bassani is also an option.

But, unless you are racing regularly and pushing tons of boost, I would not recommend any type of headers. Too much money for the amount of HP gained.

Dana

Mr. Couper

Mar 6, 2007
i went with the mac lt's because i got a good deal on the install. for the price you cannot beat it and they dont hang as low as kooks which are about 400 more. it just depends what you want to do with the car. i also did it because i want to run a little more boost on my whipple.

CobraCommander

Rice & Beans
Mar 27, 2005
yeah, I'm looking for simple heat reduction, but it seems to be the popular concensus that its just a royal pain in the ass and should concentrate efforts elsewhere...

Dont know yet, but I remember how much of an EasyBake oven the SC used to be and the Cobra is no better... When throwing Jet-Hot headers on the SC, the engine bay temps and Intake Air Temp was affected well.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
buy some heat shielding material from http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?form_cat_id=66,7,363&action=category it comes in gold and silver.

im surprised more 03/04 guys dont wrap the fuel line in the stuff. seriously.

CobraCommander said:
yeah, I'm looking for simple heat reduction, but it seems to be the popular concensus that its just a royal pain in the ass and should concentrate efforts elsewhere...

Dont know yet, but I remember how much of an EasyBake oven the SC used to be and the Cobra is no better... When throwing Jet-Hot headers on the SC, the engine bay temps and Intake Air Temp was affected well.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I have to say I wasted money on JBA's. They leak, and I didn't get squat for power, BUT...and this is what bugs me most.

All the cars I saw run who had Bassani MID LENGHT, or some other sort of headers DID run better. My car couldn't touch Pauls car with Bassani Mids, and for the life of me I can NOT tell you why. We had similar mods, but my car is ported, his wasn't.

I hope there is omething to be said at the track since I have no experience with them yet, but I know this comment is challenging, however, I think cars with any form of headers do run better. I bought them because I have just seen it too much, I hope I am NOT wrong, but I could be.

I also think ported cars VS non ported cars tuned for a 2.76 run just as good or better, and why is that, because I got my ass whipped too many times by that combo and for the life of me I do NOT know why.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info