🏡 Better Homes Wall Art/Pics

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
1000000478.jpg

This is my only piece of "fine art". It's a legit oil painting by a real artist. Made the mistake of going into an art gallery on our honeymoon and the wife just had to have it. It was not cheap.

I have a thing for maps too, so I have a few of those.

1000000481.jpg

1000000480.jpg

1000000479.jpg

I have a few more but those are the ones I like right now.

I HATE hanging these things, so a bunch never went back up when we moved.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
This spring I will be going through the records for the neighborhood that my next door neighbor has. Her husband built the neighborhood and has all the records, maps, and photos from the 30’s- the 50’s. Wanting to get copies of a map and photos of the original house in the 40’s before all the additions so I can frame them.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I know these feels. It was fucking miserable in my last house. I wasn't excited about any of what was being purchased, and my wife put up hella pictures/paintings/mirrors/whatever on every single wall in the place

This house isn't quite as bad because I actually like these pictures, and we're going much much much more minimalist this time around, but it's still not fun

A guy I know that lives by me invented these, which look awesome, but won't work with these heavier pics I'm hanging

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
View attachment 147077

This is my only piece of "fine art". It's a legit oil painting by a real artist. Made the mistake of going into an art gallery on our honeymoon and the wife just had to have it. It was not cheap.

I have a thing for maps too, so I have a few of those.

View attachment 147078

View attachment 147079

View attachment 147080

I have a few more but those are the ones I like right now.

That Chicago's World Fair.... oh man. If you ever decide you no longer want it, contact me!

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
So similar to the fella on here that mimicked the pottery barn / RH art, one day we thought it was this grand idea to get creative and paint our own canvas with some colors that were in the room . I’m not artistic in the least but she is and I’ll say I was impressed just mashing some colors and random lines makes pretty decent art . There is a few more but I got yelled at trying to take a pic because it’s cloudy out ……

797EEAAD-04A5-4F4E-9BBD-0CF95D028B0A.jpeg

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
This was the one I thought she lost her marbles on . One day I come home to her ripping up brown paper filler for one of my big Harley parts boxes and she was spray painting them gold . I’m Iike what the hell are you doing . She commented “ making wall art “ . These Soviets man I tell you . So resourceful . Made a gallery wall on spray painted card stock :

796F1DC6-A08A-4486-9828-5CE38D940CB7.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
This was the one I thought she lost her marbles on . One day I come home to her ripping up brown paper filler for one of my big Harley parts boxes and she was spray painting them gold . I’m Iike what the hell are you doing . She commented “ making wall art “ . These Soviets man I tell you . So resourceful . Made a gallery wall on spray painted card stock :

View attachment 147102
Soviets?

I have an Eastern Bloc one as well. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: willsmysticcobra

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
She is Bulgarian but I tease her all the time.
Lithuanian here. Gets mad if I try to speak any Russian, since she grew up behind the Iron Curtain and it was forced upon them. And tomorrow is her birthday. Ask your wife what a 50 year old Bulgarian woman wants for her birthday. Can't be too far off of a Lithuanian!

• Haha
Reactions: willsmysticcobra

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI

View attachment 147102
Is that one bacon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info