🏡 Better Homes Wall Art/Pics

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
New house means naked walls, means it’s time to hang some pics. I personally don’t like art much but I love bright pictures. What do you have/like at your house?

Pics don’t really do justice to this one, 70x43” and bright AF

4FCB0054-9C72-44BC-89B8-ADF75DF8EE26.jpeg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Best part is these mount pretty flush, sticks out maybe .75” max. I don’t like canvases that are 2” wide and also have a bigger gap to the wall
I wonder if a place will do your own pictures.

I took this when I was in South Dakota up by devils tower. It was soooo dark out there.

This is an unedited photo. We used a cheap led flashlight and the ballast light in the background created a crazy cool color combo on a 30 second exposure. The long exposure really brings out the stars.

Sorry for the tilted picture, too much flash glare otherwise. My sister had it printed and framed for me but would look awesome as a giant glass one like that.

IMG_20230107_164632_859_1.jpg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

I took this when I was in South Dakota up by devils tower. It was soooo dark out there.

This is an unedited photo. We used a cheap led flashlight and the ballast light in the background created a crazy cool color combo on a 30 second exposure. The long exposure really brings out the stars.

Sorry for the tilted picture, too much flash glare otherwise. My sister had it printed and framed for me but would look awesome as a giant glass one like that.

View attachment 146488
Mine is from a guy on Etsy and he did a great job, you can ask him. He does custom sizes, splits pics in multiples etc. Link to follow

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Some art galleries I was in Nuremberg Germany had some incredible gloss art like that I only wish I could have afforded to ship them home.
My buddy went to Switzerland and did some damage lol. I’ll gladly buy mine from turkey for a steep discount

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
My buddy went to Switzerland and did some damage lol. I’ll gladly buy mine from turkey for a steep discount

You been to Europe at all?

Its mind blowing the history and how densely populated it is. I swear you can ride a bike across the entire country on blacktop paved paths and every single little farm towns connected. I could spend an eternity driving backroads in a drop top Porsche. Stopping at every small pub and gallery!

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I'm a cheap ass when it comes to home decor. At the same time I get super excited when I finally find the perfect piece to fill an empty wall. My wife tries so hard to find something immediately after redoing a room while my philosophy is that there will be no question that you found the perfect piece as soon as you see it.

I like 3d stuff, this painted steel thing was at Old Towne Pottery for about $25.
IMG_20190907_203924.jpg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Lord Tin Foilhat Lord Tin Foilhat this is the guy, and it turns out it is tempered glass. I thought it was some sort of acrylic but apparently those are much thicker and heavier and less reflective, so TG it is.

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
When we bought our condo we had no art and I was blown away by how expensive a lot of it was.

I prefer more abstract art and had found a few pieces I really liked, but couldn’t justify the price. I decided to try and recreate it myself, what’s the worst that could happen? Bought a cheap canvas from TJ Max for like $20 and some paint / brushes from Target. Few beers later:

0F3E1BC1-26DA-49A5-AAFB-D7A1439BBD0D.jpeg

One is $1,100 from Crate and Barrel and the other cost about $25 and an hour of my time. It’s not perfect, but it’ll do for now!

Have a few more I want to recreate also, just haven’t found the time.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

View attachment 146488
If your camera is capable of it, set the flash to rear curtain, then do your long exposure. It'll take the exposure as normal, then at the end it'll do the flash, which will illuminate whatever is its range but won't affect your long exposure detail.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
If your camera is capable of it, set the flash to rear curtain, then do your long exposure. It'll take the exposure as normal, then at the end it'll do the flash, which will illuminate whatever is its range but won't affect your long exposure detail.
doubt it but ill check. I am still running a Canon T2i. Probably gonna sell off my stuff since it hasnt been touched in a good year

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
doubt it but ill check. I am still running a Canon T2i. Probably gonna sell off my stuff since it hasnt been touched in a good year
So it looks like you can, but it's not very clear is to whether the internal flash will do it, or requires an external flash. Canon calls it "1st Curtain" and "2nd Curtain".

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
When we bought our condo we had no art and I was blown away by how expensive a lot of it was.

I prefer more abstract art and had found a few pieces I really liked, but couldn’t justify the price. I decided to try and recreate it myself, what’s the worst that could happen? Bought a cheap canvas from TJ Max for like $20 and some paint / brushes from Target. Few beers later:

View attachment 146688

One is $1,100 from Crate and Barrel and the other cost about $25 and an hour of my time. It’s not perfect, but it’ll do for now!

Have a few more I want to recreate also, just haven’t found the time.
Dude, $1100 bucks for that and yours looks THE SAME

This is why I don't like art in general. Don't understand it, never will, nobody will ever be able to drill in to my head what makes one of those worth $1100

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info