Waiters mix up $2,000 bottle of wine with $18 bottle. Neither table noticed the difference

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
plenty of luxuries and upscale things in life are perception of value and not value, so don't find this surprising

certainly could be staged, but i've enjoyed some of the videos epicurious puts out with experts identifying the fancy cheese, or wine, or bacon, or coffee, etc etc. although this doesn't even necessarily even mean better, just the one that costs more, and/or is this type from this region or that. so i'm not convinced that more expensive wine tastes better, although generally expect a wine expert can at least identify the more expensive one.

just looked and apparently there have been some mistakes on the epicurious series, so perhaps they haven't known ahead of time which is which and they aren't staged.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I’ve had some expensive wine and there is most definitely a noticeable difference, even for a peon like me. Wealthy table must have already been drunk or something

Interesting

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I don't know wine, so I can't speak for that. However, most people saying that there is no difference between any expensive and cheap alcohol doesn't know how to drink. lol I see it all the time.

Aficionado: "I know you aren't bourbon fans, but try this. It might change your mind"
Busch Lite guy: "Here goes nothing!" *sends it straight to his throat without tasting and bitches that it still burns*
Girl: *sniffs the bottle* "I'm good"
Guy who thinks he likes bourbon: *opens a can of coke*
Dumbass: *pulls out a straw*

I think buying alcohol can be like buying a car. Some of them are good values, some are cheap, some will be good depending on your style, and others are just plain expensive. Let's face it. Ferraris aren't necessarily "good cars" but they're cool, high status, and great for showing off. However, you'll never have any ammo to convince me that your '05 Nissan Frontier (Evan Williams green label) is better in any way than a brand new fully loaded GMC Canyon (middle-road Woodford Reserve). You need to spend a few pennies to get anything respectable, but spending a ton is a waste.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info