đź‘‹ INTRO Wagoneer Vibration

Toadman

Aug 18, 2022
Hello, have a Grand Wagoneer Series III and have a little over 10K miles on it.

At a little over 2K miles started to vibrate. All stock wheels and tires.

First tried rotate and balancing tires, no change. Then went to dealership for front end alignment, no change. Then dealership said it needed a new wheel and tire, so $1700.00 later, and still have the same vibration as before, no change.

Been at the dealership now for 45 days and no answers.

Wagoneer tells me they are going to Goodyear to get them to pay for a new set of tires but the dealership took the wheels and tires from another Grand Wagoneer and installed them on ours with no change to the vibration.

Dealership will not even return my calls now for a status update.

Anyone here experiencing this with the stock set up?

Are there any known fixes for this?

Insane to spend $120K on a vehicle that no one can fix with only 10K miles!!!

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

Staring Ed Helms GIF by The Office

Reactions: Kizzlebizz

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Hello, have a Grand Wagoneer Series III and have a little over 10K miles on it.

At a little over 2K miles started to vibrate. All stock wheels and tires.

First tried rotate and balancing tires, no change. Then went to dealership for front end alignment, no change. Then dealership said it needed a new wheel and tire, so $1700.00 later, and still have the same vibration as before, no change.

Been at the dealership now for 45 days and no answers.

Wagoneer tells me they are going to Goodyear to get them to pay for a new set of tires but the dealership took the wheels and tires from another Grand Wagoneer and installed them on ours with no change to the vibration.

Dealership will not even return my calls now for a status update.

Anyone here experiencing this with the stock set up?

Are there any known fixes for this?

Insane to spend $120K on a vehicle that no one can fix with only 10K miles!!!

Warranty ends at 9,999 miles from Jeep

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Arriving Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

I thought this was my thread at first. But welcome to tcg btw.

Similar if not the same issue for my Wagoneer. I had 2 tires replaced under warranty within a day, so I’m not sure why they charged you… call up Wagoneer client services and have them take your case over. They really put the pressure on the service departments to get sh*t done for Wagoneers. Also, they know some of the common issues being seen and can advise/support the dealership.

Sounds like your dealership is dropping the ball. What dealership is it btw?

Mine goes back in in a week for a new windshield and headliner and to try again on the vibration since the two new tires, road force balancing, tire rotation, and 2 alignments didn’t fix it…

Reactions: Shawn1112

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
This would not make me happy. If I had issue like this, the dealer not returning my calls, I would be all over cooperate, the dealership owner and in the dealer every dam day. Those Wagoneers are not cheap. I don't understand why they are so dam expensive. I'd be raising hell and making sure they made it right.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
https://illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consumers/lemonlaw.html

Is My Vehicle a Lemon?​

In order to be covered by the Illinois Lemon Law, a vehicle must:

• have a nonconformity that both substantially impairs the use , market value or safety of the vehicle and is not repairable by the dealer or manufacturer in at least four attempts for the same repair, or
  • be out of service for a total of 30 or more business days.
The Lemon Law DOES Cover: New Cars (purchased or leased)
Light Trucks and vans under 8,000 pounds
Recreational vehicles (excluding trailers)
Vehicles in their first 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first
Vehicles purchased in Illinois

The Lemon Law DOES NOT Cover: Used Cars
Altered or modified vehicles
Motorcycles and boats

How Does the Lemon Law Work?​

Manufacturers establish an Industry Third Party Dispute Resolution Program to evaluate your claim. You can find information about this program in your vehicle ownership manual. To initiate action under the Lemon Law, contact the designated manufacturer representative for your vehicle. This representative will forward the required information and forms to you.

Preserving Your Claim​

Lemon Law claims cannot be initiated directly through the dealer. Many consumers have lost their Lemon Law remedy because they waited longer than 12 months from the purchase date, the time period in which Lemon Law complaints must be filed, all the while believing they were proceeding under the Lemon Law through their dealer.

Keep in mind - it is extremely important that you file with your designated representative before your right to do so has expired!

Winning Your Claim

If the Dispute Board rules in your favor, you can expect one of the following compensations:

• you will receive a replacement vehicle of like or similar value.
  • the manufacturer will buy your vehicle back from you, less the value for miles driven.
If you are dissatisfied with the decision of the Dispute Board, you may bring a civil action to enforce your rights under this Act. The manufacturer, however, may not dispute the board's decision.

Other Options​

There are also other Federal and Illinois laws that deal with contracts and warranties for new products. Before deciding on a particular course of action, you are strongly urged to consult with a private attorney to discuss the various alternatives and determine the best course of action for your situation.

Remember- Keep Good Records!​

Keep all receipts and records concerning repairs to your vehicle. Note the purpose and date of all repairs along with the length of time your vehicle is in the shop. The records you keep will be important in winning your claim!

Chicago
1-800-386-5438
TTY: 1-800-964-3013
Springfield
1-800-243-0618
TTY: 1-877-844-5461
Carbondale
1-800-243-0607
TTY: 1-877-785-9339
Printed by the authority of the state of Illinois.

This material is available in alternate format upon request.

Reactions: HILROD and v6buicks

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Wow. Yeah, 30 or more days and under 12 months/12k miles.

Give those fuckers the hammer! Believe me, if that dealership has an ounce of self-worth (of course they do. All dealerships think they're the best) they will cringe to hear anybody even mutter the words "lemon law". Present the facts and threaten legal action. They will get their asses in gear really quick because its NOT an avenue that they want to go down.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Wow. Yeah, 30 or more days and under 12 months/12k miles.

Give those fuckers the hammer! Believe me, if that dealership has an ounce of self-worth (of course they do. All dealerships think they're the best) they will cringe to hear anybody even mutter the words "lemon law". Present the facts and threaten legal action. They will get their asses in gear really quick because its NOT an avenue that they want to go down.
The dealer just passes the legal side to the manufacture and asks what they would like to do to help the situation. Most likely the manufacturer will replace with a newer year model, or provide some sort of credit.

If …. No new models in the same trim are coming to dealers anytime soon, I would ask for the manufacture to credit you all the payments made and wave all payments until a new replacement is available, then carry over the down payment to the new one, and begin the process again.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Arriving Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

I thought this was my thread at first. But welcome to tcg btw.

Similar if not the same issue for my Wagoneer. I had 2 tires replaced under warranty within a day, so I’m not sure why they charged you… call up Wagoneer client services and have them take your case over. They really put the pressure on the service departments to get sh*t done for Wagoneers. Also, they know some of the common issues being seen and can advise/support the dealership.
This^^^^^^
I have owned maybe 4-5 SRT vehicles and anytime I had even the simplest issue that the dealer wanted to fuck around on. I called SRT client services which is similar to Wagoneer client services. They get on peoples asses and shit gets done.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
In all the years I worked at a new car dealership, I only recall one car that we could not repair and the manufacture compensated the owner of the car with payment reimbursement and took the car back. It was a VW EOS hard top convertible, car leaked water so bad it was a waterfall inside. Techs replaced everything they could, body shop worked on it, with no fix, VW was like we will take it back.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Just curious on characteristics of said shake. Wheel balance is generally only during speeds of 55 to 70 mph unless there's a severe imbalance or a runout problem with a tire such as it being out of round or egg shaped so where they've tried different tires and wheels it makes me wonder if it isn't a drivetrain issue or if their tech doesn't know how to center a wheel on a balancer or look for runout and maybe that's why they replaced a wheel thinking it was bent? Is it more in the steering wheel or in the seat to be able to pinpoint as to if it's a front or rear thing?

Granted they should be covering all of this but it may not hurt to try and rule a few things out to be able to bring it to their attention as well.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Thread Info