3800 W-body Store worst customer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran2001

May 3, 2008
service ever. Went to pick up a T-stat first time forgot. I'll bring it out to you Sat. Never shows car trouble. OK that happens when you race. Next time go up there again, only have a 180 not the 160 I need. I even called earlier in the day to make sure he didn't forget. Finally tells me he will mail it to me, now a week later and no T-stat. All I can say is that is the worst customer service I've ever witnessed. Ordered the T-stat from a company that cares about the customers. 4 chances and 4 strikes. NEVER BUY FROM W-BODY STORE.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I'm sorry you feel this way. I apologized for not having the part and told you I would send it to you for free for not having it the first time. Unfortunately I have to source it from somewhere that I do not typically deal with and it takes a bit of time.

In addition to that I've been going back and forth with people trying to get the scan we did on your car worked out so that you could figure out what the problem was with it. The way I see it is I've gone above and beyond the call of duty to help a customer that ordered $12.00 worth of merchandise. Not only are you getting it free of charge, but I spent time discussing the problem with your car with you and with other people because I felt bad that you had all those mods and that it still wasn't running right for you.

Please also keep in mind that this is a mail order/ web business. I don't typically meet people at my house and generally request that they don't ask. Keeping that in mind, I'll add that to the site. I'm sorry you're dissapointed. I don't know what else to say.

Kiran2001

May 3, 2008
So you're saying I did not receive top notch service because I only ordered a $12 part. :angry: I thought I made it pretty clear I really needed the part. If you don't have it in stock then say so. One poor experienece can cause you to lose a potentially large customer aka ME. Lets see if you come thru with the scan analysis and maybe I'll retact me comments. Even though I still feel burnt by this experience.

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by Kiran2001@Aug 23 2004, 05:20 PM
service ever. Went to pick up a T-stat first time forgot. I'll bring it out to you Sat. Never shows car trouble. OK that happens when you race. Next time go up there again, only have a 180 not the 160 I need. I even called earlier in the day to make sure he didn't forget. Finally tells me he will mail it to me, now a week later and no T-stat. All I can say is that is the worst customer service I've ever witnessed. Ordered the T-stat from a company that cares about the customers. 4 chances and 4 strikes. NEVER BUY FROM W-BODY STORE.
:eek:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Kiran2001@Aug 23 2004, 04:40 PM
So you're saying I did not receive top notch service because I only ordered a $12 part. :angry:  I thought I made it pretty clear I really needed the part.  If you don't have it in stock then say so.  One poor experienece can cause you to lose a potentially large customer aka ME.  Lets see if you come thru with the scan analysis and maybe I'll retact me comments.  Even though I still feel burnt by this experience.
Not at all. I'm just trying to relay my position to you. I can't make a part appear that I do not have and this is the exact reason I did not take money from you and in fact offered to give you the part for free to make up for it.

I'm not going to win this one so I'm not going to try. It appears you have your mind made up. I'm sorry you feel the way you do. I guess the appropriate question would be what can I do to make the situation better?

BTW, the general consensus on your scan was that the timing was jacked way high as I had thought and that you should also try removing the AFC and verifying that your o2 sensor is in operating condition. I was even going to offer you an o2 sensor to swap to see if that was the problem. You are welcome to use it if you wish regardless of what you think of me.

Kiran2001

May 3, 2008
In regards to making the situation better, there's really nothing you can do except if I ever place an order again to be up front with your inventory. I appreciate the feed back on the scan and will look into your comments. Thanks for the offer of the O2 sensor but it will not be necessary, I've been thinking about changing it anyway.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Went to pick up a T-stat first time forgot. I'll bring it out to you Sat. Never shows car trouble. OK that happens when you race. Next time go up there again, only have a 180 not the 160 I need. I even called earlier in the day to make sure he didn't forget. Finally tells me he will mail it to me, now a week later and no T-stat. All I can say is that is the worst customer service I've ever witnessed. Ordered the T-stat from a company that cares about the customers. 4 chances and 4 strikes. NEVER BUY FROM W-BODY STORE.
ouch, that sucks man, after two times i would have just gone to autozone and bought one there. looks like someone needs to get their "store" in order a little better.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Mike, kudos to you for not reacting in exaggerated bravado. Though the communication was mixed at first, I think the way you addressed it was refreshing. If more vendors reacted like this, ClubGP might be a better place. As it is I feel a bit more warm and fuzzy with ILGPC.

I ordered a PCM from mike and he did not have any so he went out of his way to get one from DHP to get one to my house and when DHP sent me the wrong one Mike was right there Sending me one of his the next day first thing( he must have got some in) and 25.00 bucks to send him the wrong one back. I give mike a big :thanks:

But on the onther not is the other hand is the other part going to be here tomarrow? i got the money today... ;)

toastyj

Regular
Jul 19, 2008
Mike,

This guys experience sounds like a legit problem. I WILL SAY this however:
You're reaction of "what can I do to make it better" is the way to go.
God man, if those morons from PFYC would have said that in the beginning, I might have bought there 1000 dollar hood.
Kudos

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Aug 23 2004, 06:40 PM
Went to pick up a T-stat first time forgot. I'll bring it out to you Sat. Never shows car trouble. OK that happens when you race. Next time go up there again, only have a 180 not the 160 I need. I even called earlier in the day to make sure he didn't forget. Finally tells me he will mail it to me, now a week later and no T-stat. All I can say is that is the worst customer service I've ever witnessed. Ordered the T-stat from a company that cares about the customers. 4 chances and 4 strikes. NEVER BUY FROM W-BODY STORE.
ouch, that sucks man, after two times i would have just gone to autozone and bought one there. looks like someone needs to get their "store" in order a little better.

I really don't think its appropriate for a moderator of this board to talk this way about ANY current or potential vendor/advertiser. Maybe its just me, but it would look to be a conflict of interest?

To the person who didn't get their PCM order right, I apologize as that was OUR mistake (we sent you the wrong one) and in no way was it mike's fault!

Charles

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
Originally posted by beyerch+Aug 24 2004, 04:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (beyerch @ Aug 24 2004, 04:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP@Aug 23 2004, 06:40 PM

I really don't think its appropriate for a moderator of this board to talk this way about ANY current or potential vendor/advertiser. Maybe its just me, but it would look to be a conflict of interest?

To the person who didn't get their PCM order right, I apologize as that was OUR mistake (we sent you the wrong one) and in no way was it mike's fault!

Charles [/b][/quote]
I agree...

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
sorry that i can no longer have an opinion about anything. so it is ok for other people to do it, just not me. i posted saying what i would have done, had it been a more pricey item it would have been different, but not for such a small purchase. how is it a conflict of interest here. charles, im sorry you are bitter about some of the things that have happened between us, but i do still have the right my own opinion.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009

but i do still have the right my own opinion.

Yes and No.

You are a moderator of this forum/website. You should be IMPARTIAL on any affairs directed to the site sponsors / advertisers (and even to some extent potential sponsors / advertisers).

Its no secret that you are anything but neutral when it comes to vendor selection personally, and that fine. But to come on here and publically "lay into" another vendor, no matter how small of a jab it is, really doesn't show well for the board.

When your opinion comes to matters or OTHER things not business/board related, say whatever you want, but on matters like this, I don't think its really proper. Why should a vendor decide to pony up the $30+ a month to advertise here when the moderator is biased and even speaks out against other vendors right on the site? On the other hand, I'm *NOT* saying that you should look the other way if a vendor is in the wrong, but I think it would be better for moderators to direct that in a private communication and should leave it to the consumer to voice their issues.

This has nothing to do with me, dhp, intense, or anyone else, I just think its a prudent thing to do for the sake of the board.

$.02

Charles

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
ok you went in an ordered a 160 tstat, he said he had it in stock but really it was a 180 in a 160 box. things happens and situations arise.

there are VERY few shops that will hook up a scan tool and analize your car for free, the fact that you ordered 12 dollars worth of parts has nothing to do with the customer service you received. he gave you $60+ in free diagnostics and advice, mike seems like a very reasonable guy and hes trying to better the situation.

if you've ever gotten parts at napa im sure youve gotten the wrong part in the right box, thats not always the retailers fault- its the vendor that put it there.

i think this is being blown out of proportion just a little bit.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What I said about it only being $12.00 in parts didn't really come out right. You should receive the same customer service whether you're ordering $12.00 in parts or $1,200 in parts.

If anyone else thinks they have had a bad experience with me, please don't hesitate to contact me. I don't bite (usually) and will do everything in my power to make it better.

Also understand that we're new and a lot of things are still up in limbo. It's going to take a little bit for me to get my bearings. I'm still spending more minutes in the day adding stuff to the site than I am processing orders. :)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Just to follow up a little since I can't edit... if you or someone else has a problem or think you have a problem contact me. I can't do anything about it if I'm not told. I've done business with very few people on this forum but would like any issues that someone considers "unresolved" to be resolved.

Email: [email protected]
Phone: 847-477-8164

If there is one thing I'm known for, it's outstanding customer service. In all fairness, I did expect resistance to a new vendor and to a certain level I can excuse it. Everyone has their favorite vendor or someone that they are loyal to. Don't view us as a threat. I don't have my eyes on attacking any other vendor so I'm not sure why everyone has their eyes on me. :)

toastyj

Regular
Jul 19, 2008
Off the subject, does stacey here ever have anything to say that is NOT sexual, imprudent, or outlandish? Ever? Or is that the post whore thing?
(Oh god maybe I shouldn't have done this, but it's 4 in the morning and I'm drunk...)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by toastyj@Aug 25 2004, 04:09 AM
Off the subject, does stacey here ever have anything to say that is NOT sexual, imprudent, or outlandish? Ever? Or is that the post whore thing?
(Oh god maybe I shouldn't have done this, but it's 4 in the morning and I'm drunk...)
Then quit hijacking threads and make a drunk post. :lolsign: :lolsign:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info