VW Herpes: Based on a true story

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
get an adjustable hobbs switch and wire the pump to run till vac limit is reached, enable the relay primary side with KO power so the vac pump only runs with the key on.

unlessw the diagnostics for that system are on the primary side this should work. most systems like this though would have a system pressure sensor for regulating the pump function/verifying operation.....and if that sensor is intact and functioning it'll just assume the pump is functioning as it should....im gonna guess there's no primary side diagnostics besides open circuit detection... if it is an open then the cel will stay on. but if yoju end up with vacum and the code no longer showns up that would clinch it.

if it was such a short run vehicle id doubt they have much time into the onboard diagnostics routines besides what they could copy and paste from the petrol cars
Damn dude. How do you know all these intricacies of all these different cars and systems. :bowdown:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Gm doesn't sell anything cool or fun since they killed Pontiac
Damn dude. How do you know all these intricacies of all these different cars and systems. :bowdown:

People with my brain malfunctions ignore Society at large and go for esoteric knowledge.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Is this an SEL premium Jetta Hybrid with DSG? I checked cars.com and KBB and the only 2015 Jetta Hybrids I can find are SEL Premiums with DSG and they’re going for over $10k even with 80k plus miles.
And it’s an SEL Premium with DSG? Trying to figure out how yours is an illegal euro car. Looks like the SEL premium was the only 2015 Jetta hybrid offered here.
Yes it’s an SEL premium with DSG. My car has 160k with the CEL shining bright. I joined a couple of Jetta Hybrid groups and I think I might have the worlds record for highest miles on a Jetta Hybrid.

Reactions: DanJ

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I don't understand why you wouldn't pay for the carfax and then take VW through the cleaners.
I am getting the carfax. I wasn’t gonna create this thread until later but we started talking about it in the Carvana thread and decided to post early and get some opinions from the TCG bros.

Reactions: GTPpower

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Ford doesn’t sell anything cool and fun he needs to go to a GM store.
giphy.gif

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
FYI you can spend $8-12 for a Carfax by going through eBay.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Doesnt change the fact you're throwing $750 into a car that is valued at $1,000... Just doesnt make any financial sense to me.

I would have already run the carfax to verify what the issue is if its an illegal car or whatever, and be in on every class action suit possible, as well as talking to VW and saying if they dont do something to make it right youll be going to any news outlet possible trying to find a resolution, something other than just saying "fuck it, Ill eat the negative equity"
I spent the money on the new pump before I found out about the outlaw shit and I got the $1k value Friday when I ran it through carvana.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info