• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Vortech S-trim vs Kenne Bell 2.1.. guys chime in.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
I am looking at ALL possible aspects as far as what i can do now that the bottom end will be built.

I have been doing some research as far as both go and so far i like the fact that the Vortech can be intercooled. The KB as far as i know cannot (unless you use meth).

Any thoughts?

What would the pros and cons be to both.

My car is 75% street and 25% track. But i am looking to upping the boost on whatever i put on it.

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
VenomInside said:
I am looking at ALL possible aspects as far as what i can do now that the bottom end will be built.

I have been doing some research as far as both go and so far i like the fact that the Vortech can be intercooled. The KB as far as i know cannot (unless you use meth).

Any thoughts?

What would the pros and cons be to both.

My car is 75% street and 25% track. But i am looking to upping the boost on whatever i put on it.

How much boost and horsepower are you wanting to go after? Ballpark?

Well the KB is going to give you pretty much instant torque/boost you indicated 75% street so that might play towards your advantage. The fact that you cant intercool is going to suck.(I assume you cant intercool it just because I have never seen a kit)

With the Vortech you wont get the quick response like you would the twin screw but like you said you would be able to have it intercooled which would mean you could run more boost over the KB

IMO I would stay with the Vortech just because you are getting the motor built and can run more boost via intercooled.

Just outta curiousity are you refering to the Vortech you already have or looking to get another? If you are looking for another I would recommend taking a look at Procharger they make some pretty kick ass kits for your car ;)

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Dragon03 said:
How much boost and horsepower are you wanting to go after? Ballpark?

Well the KB is going to give you pretty much instant torque/boost you indicated 75% street so that might play towards your advantage. The fact that you cant intercool is going to suck.(I assume you cant intercool it just because I have never seen a kit)

With the Vortech you wont get the quick response like you would the twin screw but like you said you would be able to have it intercooled which would mean you could run more boost over the KB

IMO I would stay with the Vortech just because you are getting the motor built and can run more boost via intercooled.

Just outta curiousity are you refering to the Vortech you already have or looking to get another? If you are looking for another I would recommend taking a look at Procharger they make some pretty kick ass kits for your car ;)

I would like to make over 500 i know that. I might keep the vortech

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
mikey i believe you can get an intercooled kb kit. so dont let that discourage you.

turbo is nice, but theres no instant power and the car isn't built to be a highway beast. Plus, like i said at your house, turbo makes awesome power but its very unreliable and thats something you dont want.

i personally, would do the kb if you want a fast street car.

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
Fuck the KB for 96-98's, there is no intercooler for them and they really dont make any impressive power. Just get a paxton front mount, or a Vortech aftercooler and pulley that bitch for 16-18psi. And either way you already have the Vortech, if your gonna send it in to them to get checked out you should have them do a T trim upgrade. When I talked to them about getting mine upgraded to a T trim I think it was like $900-$1100.
Mark

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Mike if you are going to run a Kenne Bell on a built bottom end then do not even think of that little 2.1. That little blower with its tiny inlet will not be able to support the power you will eventually want to make.

Since you already have the Vortech I just say stick with that and go from there. Do that and buy a FMIC.

BTW, if you end up wanting a turbo, I can get you a killer deal on a STS universal system.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info