Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
whered it go doe

Great question. Dealer never got to the bottom of it and the level didn’t change after topping off. Filled it up and it was fine. We read some reports of other owners smelling coolant and having repeat issues but we never did. We only put 12,000 miles on it though. It does come with a 6-year/72,000 mile powertrain and bumper warranty. Something VW is actually pulling back on for 2020.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
My co worker just got one to replace her Infiniti 3.5 JX which is QX60 now...?

She thinks it is slower and has to really nail it getting on the hwy. Size is similiar but nose is boxier so it is harder to see the front corners.

So far they have had one issue. The sunroof leaked and flooded the headliner and dripped allover the dash. Apparently the drains were put together wrong at the factory.

Other than that the only thing she hates is the auto shut off. She manually disables it every time she drives because she doesn't like it.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I remember the first time I figured out auto-shut off was a thing. I was in a drive-thru line and I kept hearing the person in front of me turning off and turning back on their car. It made me think of my grandfather that would do silly things in the car because he thought it would save gas.

That would bug the shit out of me and I'd be looking for a fast way to turn that shit off.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
We drove one and were considering leasing one, but the 3.6 isn't enough for the size and weight of the Atlas, IMO.

We looked at one last year and ended up with a 2018 MDX.

100% agree. The powertrain to me was very overwhelmed by weight.

Another thing that I didn't like is that the interior felt cheap. There's a lot of hard plastic inside.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005

She thinks it is slower and has to really nail it getting on the hwy. Size is similiar but nose is boxier so it is harder to see the front corners.

So far they have had one issue. The sunroof leaked and flooded the headliner and dripped allover the dash. Apparently the drains were put together wrong at the factory.

Other than that the only thing she hates is the auto shut off. She manually disables it every time she drives because she doesn't like it.

I have read almost everywhere it has weak acceleration (for a 3.6) for some reason. Must be in the tuning and for fuel economy. And it’s a heavy vehicle.

My lady friend wants one and she’s a really good driver and I don’t think she will mind about the acceleration. She said she checked out all the other mid size SUVs and likes this one the best.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

Acceleration is par for the course for a non-luxury three-row. Our sunshade came to us broken and it took them a while to fix because of parts availability, we bought in late 2017, and they damaged the sunroof frame during install so had to replace that too.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I have read almost everywhere it has weak acceleration (for a 3.6) for some reason. Must be in the tuning and for fuel economy. And it’s a heavy vehicle.

My lady friend wants one and she’s a really good driver and I don’t think she will mind about the acceleration. She said she checked out all the other mid size SUVs and likes this one the best.

Did she check out the CX9? It's a lot more sporty and the interior is luxury car grade.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
enthusiast? it's a 3 row mom suv? also... like... 15k more starting price :rofl:

It's not though, once you equip an Atlas with AWD, leather, Nav, premium sound, and the V6, which the MDX comes with.

Look.... I know it's a glorified minivan either way, but the SH AWD system kicks ass, and it's actually pretty fun to drive and beat the piss out of it. Handles waaaaay better than it should, and will take a hand full of sedans to Gapplebees.

When the Vtek pops, the panties drop :hsughlol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info