Reaction score
OP
Marko

Marko

Reaction score
Thanks man!

Dave M

Reaction score
We drove one and were considering leasing one, but the 3.6 isn't enough for the size and weight of the Atlas, IMO.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
After a full year and nearly 12,000 miles of driving, out-of-pocket maintenance and repairs amount to some extra coolant, one tire repair and a regular service appointment with an oil change, at a total cost of about $155.
whered it go doe

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
whered it go doe

Great question. Dealer never got to the bottom of it and the level didn’t change after topping off. Filled it up and it was fine. We read some reports of other owners smelling coolant and having repeat issues but we never did. We only put 12,000 miles on it though. It does come with a 6-year/72,000 mile powertrain and bumper warranty. Something VW is actually pulling back on for 2020.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
interesting

sounds like it was a touch thirsty as well

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Our 12,000 mile average was 18ish mpg. Rated at 19 mpg combined. About 1-2 mpg less than the rest of the class, more in line with a minivan’s mpg.

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score
My co worker just got one to replace her Infiniti 3.5 JX which is QX60 now...?

She thinks it is slower and has to really nail it getting on the hwy. Size is similiar but nose is boxier so it is harder to see the front corners.

So far they have had one issue. The sunroof leaked and flooded the headliner and dripped allover the dash. Apparently the drains were put together wrong at the factory.

Other than that the only thing she hates is the auto shut off. She manually disables it every time she drives because she doesn't like it.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
auto shut off fucking blows.

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score
Service guys told her they haven't figured out how to disable it and they have tried. LOL

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I remember the first time I figured out auto-shut off was a thing. I was in a drive-thru line and I kept hearing the person in front of me turning off and turning back on their car. It made me think of my grandfather that would do silly things in the car because he thought it would save gas.

That would bug the shit out of me and I'd be looking for a fast way to turn that shit off.

MikeyLikesIt

2015 Acura MDX
Reaction score
Just took a road trip to NC and these things were everywhere.

Is the 3.6L a dodge or did they come up with their own motor?

jason05gt

Reaction score
We drove one and were considering leasing one, but the 3.6 isn't enough for the size and weight of the Atlas, IMO.
We looked at one last year and ended up with a 2018 MDX.

100% agree. The powertrain to me was very overwhelmed by weight.

Another thing that I didn't like is that the interior felt cheap. There's a lot of hard plastic inside.

OP
Marko

Marko

Reaction score

She thinks it is slower and has to really nail it getting on the hwy. Size is similiar but nose is boxier so it is harder to see the front corners.

So far they have had one issue. The sunroof leaked and flooded the headliner and dripped allover the dash. Apparently the drains were put together wrong at the factory.

Other than that the only thing she hates is the auto shut off. She manually disables it every time she drives because she doesn't like it.
I have read almost everywhere it has weak acceleration (for a 3.6) for some reason. Must be in the tuning and for fuel economy. And it’s a heavy vehicle.

My lady friend wants one and she’s a really good driver and I don’t think she will mind about the acceleration. She said she checked out all the other mid size SUVs and likes this one the best.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
yeah im reading 7.5-7.9 0-60 for 3.6.

that's really pretty okay.

driving reviews says it doesn't "feel" fast.

but those numbers seem like plenty of go for a mom-hauler.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score

Acceleration is par for the course for a non-luxury three-row. Our sunshade came to us broken and it took them a while to fix because of parts availability, we bought in late 2017, and they damaged the sunroof frame during install so had to replace that too.

jason05gt

Reaction score
I have read almost everywhere it has weak acceleration (for a 3.6) for some reason. Must be in the tuning and for fuel economy. And it’s a heavy vehicle.

My lady friend wants one and she’s a really good driver and I don’t think she will mind about the acceleration. She said she checked out all the other mid size SUVs and likes this one the best.
Did she check out the CX9? It's a lot more sporty and the interior is luxury car grade.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
It’s so small, though. Which is fine if you don’t need the size.

OP
Marko

Marko

Reaction score
Did she check out the CX9? It's a lot more sporty and the interior is luxury car grade.
I don’t know. But she also likes the Atlas price.

The CX9 Looks nice.

Dave M

Reaction score
MDX is the obvious choice for the enthusiast. 0-60 in 5.7, 14.5 1/4 mile, and my wife is averaging over 25mpg. But the 3rd row is kids only....

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
enthusiast? it's a 3 row mom suv? also... like... 15k more starting price :rofl:

Dave M

Reaction score
enthusiast? it's a 3 row mom suv? also... like... 15k more starting price :rofl:
It's not though, once you equip an Atlas with AWD, leather, Nav, premium sound, and the V6, which the MDX comes with.

Look.... I know it's a glorified minivan either way, but the SH AWD system kicks ass, and it's actually pretty fun to drive and beat the piss out of it. Handles waaaaay better than it should, and will take a hand full of sedans to Gapplebees.

When the Vtek pops, the panties drop :hsughlol:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
can't you land a durango srt for nicely optioned mdx money though?

seems like the mom-enthusiast-suv route to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom