Vogz's 2020 Model 3 Performance

Knowklew

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 5, 2014
All though the entire cross Canada charging network opened on the same day, and every single one was v3 (noted in purple on the below map)

8afa62528e203dceddacc0c2e564982d.jpg
What app is that

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Vogz Vogz, were you on Kaneville Rd. at Randall this afternoon around 3:30?

You wouldn't have noticed me but I was in the left turn lane to go on to Randall Rd. in the old family appliance. There was a blue model 3 waiting to go straight (on to Keslinger).

Yup, my son‘s basketball game had just ended and we were headed to Riverland’s brewery in St. Charles. Honk and wave like a crazy person next time! :LOL:

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
So, it's been a while since I've updated this thread. I've slowly been adding small things to the car the past few months. I blacked out all the chrome exterior trim and vinyl wrapped the piano black center console. Then, back in January I decided based on reviews that I would bite the bullet and go full coil over suspension instead of just springs. I decided I'm not going to compromise comfort anymore to have a proper stance and handling, and since I wouldn't be modifying the powertrain, an expensive coil over kit was a much easier pill to swallow. After tons of research I settled on the Mountain Pass Performance Sport coil overs. I placed an order back in January, but as they are in high demand they were on backorder until a few weeks ago. They finally arrived on my doorstep late last week and I installed them yesterday.

First, a few pics of the interior console wrap. There was no way I was going to try to keep the piano black console clean every day. The brushed metal look is much better IMO and doesn't show any finger smudges. Plus, I was able to watch YouTube tutorial for install right on the center screen, lol I've gotten really good at vinyl wrapping shit the last few months as I did all the trim/mirrors myself too.

As for the coil over install, I took my time since I have plenty of it right now (we are on a skeleton crew at work with the much reduced air traffic and to limit exposure to other people so I'm on 5 days, off 10 days). Install took about 5 hours and I had a little help from one of the minions for part of it (he got bored quickly). KW suspension produces the coil overs for Mountain Pass to their spec. They are rebound and compression adjustable which is fantastic for fine tuning ride quality. I set them up with MPP's recommenced settings for street driving and so far I'm super impressed. The wallowing the car used to have at higher speeds is completely gone as is body roll. Turn in is super sharp and it soaks up uneven pavement extremely well. I dare say that the ride is even more compliant than the factory suspension. It's simply amazing. I might lower it a tad more, but I'm not going to touch the rebound and compression for now. Super happy with my decision and it doesn't look too bad either!

I probably won't be doing much more in the way of modifications to the car since it's my daily driver and there isn't much left to do besides cosmetic things and additional suspension components. Though I'll definitely take this thing to the drag strip and to an HPDE or two to beat on it once the world starts to return to normal again. I'll try to remember to update it when I do.

IMG_8214.JPG

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_5556.jpg

IMG_8720.jpg

IMG_4985.JPG

IMG_6048.JPG

IMG_6831.JPG

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_3295.jpg

IMG_4340.jpg

IMG_4630.jpg

IMG_5381.jpg

IMG_9934.jpg

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Dude !
the center console is SICK ! Looks factory. Really nice choice !!

Thanks! Really happy with how it turned out.

How did you black out the chrome?

I used a pre-cut kit from a company called Nikola Pro. It included a heat gun, and multiple tools to make the job easier. Plus, they have videos of every step on YouTube. Saved a ton of $$ doing it myself. It's extremely time consuming, so shops charge out the ass for it. Took me about 5-6 hours total over a few days.

Thread Info