VMP TVS M90 upgrade.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
OR you could just turbo it and make more power for far less.

that blower would cost less and be easier.

yes 2k is alot bit it is a badass blower.

plus whats not to love about a direct bolt on m90 replacememt.

Disclaimer yes ill agree a used cheapo turbo kit would likely cost less.

Say one didnt want to go through all the drama of using used parts and getting who knows what this would be a stout option even with 100% stock egine id just pulley it down and feed the bitch some corn and let it eat.

:fy:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
The configuration of the throttle body has me thinking....I assume the stock M90 is the same way. Would it swap directly onto a L67?

If so, then that M90 with the side throttle body and L67 should be perfect for a G-body (or F-body) RWD swap.

there is an elbow on the blower in the pic. the actual supercharger case inlet is 90 degrees from the rotor pack.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
e664cc65cb16bb35e9e01bb07c8e6e21.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
It's the VMP TVS that Roush Stage 3 and 427R owners have been waiting for! As they say, "Dynamite comes in small packages". M90 supercharger owners know that there was only so much they could get out of that blower. So, VMP and the engineering team set out to create a package that was a direct, bolt on replacement for the M90, knowing that the key to greater output was greater input. That's why so much attention was paid to the porting of the massive inlet area. This baby can breathe! Couple it with a VMP Port Matched high flow elbow and you're ready to rock. We have elbows that accept both stock GT throttle bodies as well as GT500 bolt pattern throttle bodies. Pulleys range from 69mm to 85mm for up to 15psi of boost. Smaller sizes available in 8-rib, an OD balancer can be used for even more boost. Up to 250 rwhp gains are possible depending on modifications and boost levels.
Whether you have a factory Roush car or a Mustang GT with the Roush blower added, you will now be able to take advantage of the latest TVS supercharging technology. The VMP 1.9L TVS uses the latest in Q-port inlet design for maximum flow. The higher-efficiency TVS rotorpack is less prone to heat soak than the older generation roots blowers.
To take full advantage of the higher-flow of the TVS supercharger the kit will utilize a driver side inlet and come with all necessary parts.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You can make a safe 330-350whp with a modest turbo kit and a completely stock motor. Can be extremely cheap if you use the stock crossover (which can easily support 350hp) and make your own IC piping/downpipe/crossover flange. The most expensive thing would be a reliable turbo, but you could still do it HELLA cheap with an Ebay turbo. I'd bet you could do it all provided you have the tools to cut/weld everything yourself for ~$600. A stock trans with a shift kit could take it for a while, probably just as long as it would with a blower making the same power. Except you don't have all of that wasted power turning a blower/heater.

It was a good thought though, the whole blower that doesn't even come close to bolting on.

:wavey:

Because its not a heaton.

Who the hell do you think makes the TVS blowers? It's exactly the same series SC I was talking about with my original adapter plate. The M122 being the budget option, the TVS 2300 being the more efficient option. VMP just makes very slightly different cases for the eaton rotor packs, they have a version of the 2300 as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info