Viper to return in 2021 (maybe)

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
The truth is time's moved on from the V10 which if I remember correctly is based off the old LA stuff. A modern equivalent would be a Hemi V10, but I'm not sure how that would do with things like space and weight. That said such an engine would likely be interesting with boost as a Veyron competitor e.g. well over 4 digit HP.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I have been saying this for years. The Viper needs to evolve. A nose heavy, twitchy race car will not sell well. They need to refine the platform and make a more traditional car. Like I said on the F150 thread, FCA is supposedly developing a 7 litre V8.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
New concept drawing. Kind of looks like a GT-R.
dodge_viper_defender_concept_3.jpg

:trollface:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I have been saying this for years. The Viper needs to evolve. A nose heavy, twitchy race car will not sell well. They need to refine the platform and make a more traditional car. Like I said on the F150 thread, FCA is supposedly developing a 7 litre V8.

Yes, the Viper did have a MASSIVE engine up front.

However, the ENTIRE massive engine was located behind the front wheels, making it a Mid-Front engined car with a near 50/50 weight distribution.

And Also. No V10, no care.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

However, the ENTIRE massive engine was located behind the front wheels, making it a Mid-Front engined car with a near 50/50 weight distribution.

And Also. No V10, no care.

Biggest complaint with the car from consumers was that on the edge it was very difficult to control. Could a professional driver get crazy lap time, for sure. An average Joe would put the car in a wall. Plus it rides like shit and is as comfortable as a pace bus.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Biggest complaint with the car from consumers was that on the edge it was very difficult to control. Could a professional driver get crazy lap time, for sure. An average Joe would put the car in a wall. Plus it rides like shit and is as comfortable as a pace bus.

So youve drove one. And put one into a wall Mr Average Joe. And you personally have complained it was difficult to control? I highly doubt its anything like a bus either. :s00ls:

Otherwise I just smell alot of talking out your ass and hatin on the Viper.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ro...-out-on-a-high-note-setting-13-track-records/

When you think of the ultimate street-legal race car, you probably think of the McLaren P1, Porsche 918, or the Ferrari LaFerrari. Unfortunately, if your definition of "ultimate" involves putting down the fastest possible lap time at a track, you'd probably be wrong to pick any of those three.

Yep, on tracks like Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta, and Virginia International Raceway, if you want to set the fastest time, you'll need to be driving something a bit more American—a Dodge Viper ACR. According to FCA, the Dodge Viper ACR holds the lap record not just at those three tracks but at 10 more, as well.

"The SCCA has certified that the new 2016 Dodge Viper ACR holds more track records than any other production car in the world,"

No big deal just a nose heavy twitchy racecar........

And again [MENTION=3061]Lead Pipe[/MENTION] makes himself look like a clown. :bowrofl:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

If anyone has ever looked under or worked on a Viper you can easily see it was a race car for the street. Tube frame chassis, double wishbone suspension, and so on. Could it use some improvements? I'm sure. Just like any other production vehicle. But you were getting a very capable car that you could tweak to your personal driving style and needs.

I am far from a Viper fan. But I can appreciate it for what it is.

The purists are going to hate a v8. Especially one that is shared throughout the companies model lines. But that doesn't mean it will be a bad choice for the car. People complained about the Ford GT getting an Ecoboost motor instead of a v8. But I don't gear their owners complaining a whole lot about the lack of a v8. lol

Bring the Viper back. We could use more domestic sports cars.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
https://www.scca.com/articles/1998486-2016-dodge-viper-acr-is-undisputed-track-record-king

The following chart shows a summary of lap records set to date – in reverse chronological order:

Track/Configuration

Track Length (miles)

ACR Record Lap (Elapsed time)

Date

Driver

Laguna Seca; Salinas, Calif.

1:28.65

10/28/15

R. Pobst

Road Atlanta; Braselton, Ga.

1:26.54

10/11/15

C. Winkler

Waterford Hills; Waterford, Mich.

1:10.89

9/30/15

C. Winkler

Nelson Ledges; Garrettsville, Ohio

1:06.21

9/21/15

C. Winkler

Motown Mile; Detroit, Mich.

51:17

8/28/15

C. Winkler

GingerMan Raceway; South Haven, Mich. / Extended Length

1:31.91

8/27/15

C. Winkler

Pittsburgh International Race Complex; New Alexandria, Pa. / North Track

8/18/15

C. Winkler

Grattan Raceway; Belding, Mich.

1:22.09

5/19/15

C. Winkler

Virginia International Raceway; Alton, Va. / Grand Course

2:40.02

4/23/15

C. Winkler

Willow Springs Raceway; Rosamond, Calif. / Big Willow

1:21.24

4/2/15

C. Winkler

MotorSport Ranch; Cresson, Texas

1:16.98

2/25/15

T. Kendall

Buttonwillow Raceway Park; Buttonwillow, Calif.

1:47.70

1/21/15

C. Winkler

Inde Motorsports Ranch; Wilcox, Ariz. / Configuration 4

1:33.75

11/19/14

C. Winkler

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info