VIOLENT SLEEPY HOLLOW ATTACK

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
I was doing outside work with the garage and house open 2-3 streets away from this when it happened :O Reminds you how vulnerable you are because if the guy ran the opposite way we may have crossed paths :eek:

PAROLEE HELD WITHOUT BOND IN VIOLENT SLEEPY HOLLOW ATTACK

A Sleepy Hollow man facing 26 felony counts is being held without bond in a violent home invasion in Sleepy Hollow in which a young woman was stabbed and sexually assaulted and her brother was brutally stabbed multiple times when he came to her defense.
Kane County State’s Attorney Joe McMahon has charged 32-year-old Fabian J. Torres with the offenses of:
• Attempted murder, Class X felony, 2 counts
• Aggravated criminal sexual assault, Class X felony, 4 counts
• Home invasion, Class X felony, 8 counts
• Armed violence, Class X felony, 2 counts
• Attempted aggravated kidnapping, Class 1 felony, 2 counts
• Aggravated battery, Class 3 felony, 4 counts
• Aggravated unlawful restraint, Class 3 felony, 4 counts
Kane County prosecutors allege that at about 12:35 p.m. April 8, 2019, Torres entered a home in the 900 block of Saratoga Parkway, Sleepy Hollow, without consent. He was armed with at least one knife with a blade in excess of 3 inches long. The home was occupied by two victims, one female and one male. Torres’ entry was video recorded on an electronic doorbell device. Torres also had in his possession a black bag that contained rope, heavy duty duct tape, pepper spray, bear repellent and items of a sexual nature. He had purchased the rope, tape, pepper spray and bear spray the morning of April 8.
Torres, while brandishing a knife, ordered the female victim to remove her clothing and ordered the male victim to leave the room. As Torres sexually assaulted the female victim, she attempted to wrest the knife from him, and a struggle began. During the struggle Torres stabbed the female victim causing severe lacerations to her hands and calf. The male victim came to aid the female victim, and Torres stabbed him in multiple places on his body including his face, head and chest. The female victim escape from the home while Torres continued to attack the male victim, who eventually escaped and fled the home.
A short time later Torres fled the victim’s home with a large knife in his right hand. He left his black bag, cell phone and wallet, including identification, in the victims’ home. Both victims remain hospitalized as a result of the knife wounds.
After Torres left the victims’ home he walked north to another victim’s home in the same neighborhood and unlawfully entered with two knives. Two victims were present. Torres grabbed one victim while pointing a knife at her, and demanded she take him to her vehicle. However, she was able to separate herself from Torres and he left the residence.
Torres then was observed in the area of Randall Road and Joy Street approaching vehicles and asking for a ride. Police encountered him a short distance away and he fled before being taken into custody a short time later.
Torres is on parole for a 2011 offense of attempted aggravated arson in McHenry County. He was released from the Illinois Department of Corrections to mandatory supervised release status (parole) in October 2018.
Torres appeared today in Kane County bond court. After denying bail to Torres, Associate Judge Keith Johnson set Torres’ next court appearance for 9 a.m. April 17, 2019, in Courtroom 217 in front of Associate Judge David Kliment at the Kane County Judicial Center.
If convicted of all counts, Torres faces a sentence of 74 and 245 years’ imprisonment in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
Torres remains in custody at the Kane County jail.
Kane County State’s Attorney Joe McMahon said:
“The facts of this case are horrific. This is one of the most violent cases we have charged in my years as the Kane County State’s Attorney. Our job now is to go to work for the community of Sleepy Hollow, and these victims and their families. These victims have been through a lot, and two of them are recovering from serious injuries.
Sleepy Hollow Police Chief James Linane said:
“I’m proud of my department’s quick response to take this defendant into custody and protect the community from further threats.”
The charges against Torres are not proof of guilt. Torres is presumed innocent and is entitled to a fair trial in which it is the state’s burden to prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Fabian J. Torres: Age 32 (d.o.b. 4-8-1987), of the 900 block of Saratoga Parkway, Sleepy Hollow, Illinois.

https://www.facebook.com/KaneSAO/posts/1249701091854355?__tn__=K-R

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Whatta POS. Lets hope he gets the full 245 years. The Wife was freaking out... Not that it's close to us, but still...

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Put a bullet in his head and be done with it. Can't risk a shitbag like this getting released from prison one day...

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
He was released from the Illinois Department of Corrections to mandatory supervised release status (parole) in October 2018.
This is what gets me... Once a criminal, always a criminal. Then people stand around and wonder why something happens again after they release these shitbags.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
Whatta POS. Lets hope he gets the full 245 years. The Wife was freaking out... Not that it's close to us, but still...
I actually think its the 74 AND 245... I would also only consider this "punishment" if he was fucking physically tormented every single day of that sentence.

Otherwise we all are paying for this nice vacation.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Works for me if it's additive. :D

But slow torture should be mandatory.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
The article didn't specify, but were these people opening their doors when answering? How was he getting in these homes? I told my wife to never open the door. We have a Ring doorbell, so there's no need to ever open the door to a stranger.

It's sickening how someone can pull shit like this.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Fucking asshole, glad they got him

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
They had a ring doorbell and the doors were unlocked if not open when it was 70/sunny. Its one of the safest communities in the northwest suburbs and I wish I could say I never leave mine unlocked but there I was doing outside work on a nice day with the garage open.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Right, this was that really nice day. I'd have my house open too.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
Yep if anything just reminds me how vulnerable we are. There are no safe towns or areas. I remember growing up when this couple worth (I think 50M) in South Barrington was killed by someone they had working on their house.

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
At least it’s not Cook County, Kim Fox would be like “He dindo nuffin, no charges.”

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
I read this in the daily herald.
My mom kept the article because my sister always leaves her garage open.

fuck that, this POS deserves to be shot

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Should've been perforated in a pool of his own blood by a scary military assault rifle.

But I may just be biased.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
Should've been perforated in a pool of his own blood by a scary military assault rifle.

I was telling the wife it was a shame not one of the people he assaulted/went into their homes was armed.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score

Right?

"Hey, I have a knife, leave the room while I sexually assault your sister!"

Buddy, you're REALLY not going to like what I come back into the room with...

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
He did that ON his birthday..

Kane County prosecutors allege that at about 12:35 p.m. April 8, 2019
Fabian J. Torres: Age 32 (d.o.b. 4-8-1987), of the 900 block of Saratoga Parkway, Sleepy Hollow, Illinois.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Another reason to have a large dog like a German Shepherd or Pit Bull.

Bad guys take one look and say "Nope".

Any dog really would help, I just need the notice that something is "off" and those extra seconds are more than enough IMO.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
agreed.. enough seconds to grab the AR.

I feel ZERO sorry if they are liberal, anti-weapons, or super religious where god will keep everyone safe.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
agreed.. enough seconds to grab the AR.

I feel ZERO sorry if they are liberal, anti-weapons, or super religious where god will keep everyone safe.
I like this soo much

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
And not some yippy, yappy little bark. Something big and powerful one like ours. :D

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
And not some yippy, yappy little bark. Something big and powerful one like ours. :D

Mine are yippy yappy, but ZFG if it allows me a few seconds notice to get where I need to before the person is inside my house...

Mine are actually usually paired with GSD's to alert the GSD that something is "off" so no worries for me.

Plus having small dogs means hopefully the police wont shoot them. :s00ls:

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I meant it more to potentially scare the perp off. Not an alert function.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
I bet there will be an uptick in FOID applications coming from that neighborhood in the coming weeks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom