Netflix Vikings: Valhalla

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Annnnd done. Alright, I don't like doing this RIGHT after ive finished up a show, but here goes.

This show could have been great, but it was just OK. It's watchable, and it does have some good moments, but there are a lot of things that really held it back. First off, overall the whole storyline just felt disjointed. Plot spoilers to follow

first we go from killing the king of England for revenge, to ruling England instead, to a feud between 2 brothers for the rule of Norway, to Canute, who when he was JUST starting to get interesting completely peacing out in the 2nd half the season never to be seen again, to this Kare bloke that has nothing to do with any of it just deciding to kill all pagans and theres double crosses and triple crosses and it was just a LOT

Overall I think I think it tried to do a little too much in this first season. I kept asking myself who is the main focus of this story? Who am I supposed to be hating right now? And thats generally not good. Eventually it became clear that Freydis was really the main focus, but it just made everything else then feel secondary

And my only other major gripe was the soundtrack. There's no sugarcoating it, it was horrible. Just generic noise. Which is astounding since the same guy that did the soundtrack in Vikings, Trevor Morris, did the soundtrack in this show also. But it just had nothing. Vikings had like actual viking music in the show that really helped elevate crucial scenes. This just had.......digital lifeless crap.

But to this shows credit I will say the actual sound editing was SUPERB. Made great use of Atmos, and often I was looking around my room for random birds :LOL: Especially scenes in the throne room in England.

And whats more, where were the smokin hot chicks?? :LOL: Emma wasn't bad, Freydis was decent, but I wouldn't go to war over any of them. Freydis is freaking tall too. She towered over everyone in any scene she was in. Once you see it :LOL:

I really dont wanna sound like I'm tearing this show up, but it did have some big shoes to fill. I mean there were only really 2 big battles this whole season. The London battle was definitely the standout. I think it just needed a little more focus.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I almost dont even want to finish this because I care so little for any of these characters and rehashed battles from the original series. Yay, I get to watch kattegat fall under siege AGAIN....where have I seen this before...these fights have none of the passion or heart that the History show did, so boring to watch.

And its VERY clear this show is pushing "women power" down our throats.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
s15.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Mook
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list