• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Vert Terminator vs 2010 Camaro SS

Cobratron

Regular
Jun 1, 2009
Does anyone have a video of a 03/04 Cobra vs a 2010 Camaro SS?

I have a buddy who just got this car and is talking so much sh* to me about his car. He thinks he can destroy any Cobra because of the specs. on paper. Camaro SS has 426hp vs Cobra's 390hp. I know what a fool!

I'm racing him in April once I get new tires. I ran once against him with my original tires from 2003 which are worn out and he won by a car length and a half. I wasn't surprised because I can never get a clean take off without the wheel hop from worn tires.

I just need something to shut his fat mouth up!

If anyone has any videos of your super modified 03/04 Cobra's please post it so I can rub the quarter mile specs in his face. this guy is clueless

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
1. You can't fight the barrel of ink! 99% of the time you will not match the et times in the magazine. Those cars are run in perfect conditions, and I'm not talking about gay ass motor trend or car and driver that couldn't hit water if they jumped out of a boat. Don't look there! I'm talkin reputable mags like 5.0, mmff! Your buddy is a driveway racer that pulls out his ss on Sundays to show the neighbors what he has.

2. You wanna beat your friend? Don't use stock tires put Mickey Thompson dr's on and your bone stock cobra will run 12:50s all day! Your 03 vert is 3750lbs his 2010 ss is 4100lbs you won the weight war. Now on paper :quote: You have 390hp he has 426. Go dyno your cobra and you will find that it's more around 410-415. These cars were underestimated by a long shot. So horsepower wise your pretty much even.

3. You wanna embarrass your friend? Here is your formula; billet flow 2.76 supercharger pulley, cold air intake, cat back, and a dyno tune. That car will be laying down 450-480 rwhp that's about 525ish at the crank. You can even buy these parts used hell it won't even set you back a grand and you will have an 11 sec car and your friend gets to memorize your liscense plate.

Don't worry about magazine times let your car do the talking for you on the street, good luck and have fun. Hope I helped you.

And screw looking for someone elses video, go kick his ass and make your own video of it and post it on here so we can all have a laugh.

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
+1:biggthump

1. You can't fight the barrel of ink! 99% of the time you will not match the et times in the magazine. Those cars are run in perfect conditions, and I'm not talking about gay ass motor trend or car and driver that couldn't hit water if they jumped out of a boat. Don't look there! I'm talkin reputable mags like 5.0, mmff! Your buddy is a driveway racer that pulls out his ss on Sundays to show the neighbors what he has.

2. You wanna beat your friend? Don't use stock tires put Mickey Thompson dr's on and your bone stock cobra will run 12:50s all day! Your 03 vert is 3750lbs his 2010 ss is 4100lbs you won the weight war. Now on paper :quote: You have 390hp he has 426. Go dyno your cobra and you will find that it's more around 410-415. These cars were underestimated by a long shot. So horsepower wise your pretty much even.

3. You wanna embarrass your friend? Here is your formula; billet flow 2.76 supercharger pulley, cold air intake, cat back, and a dyno tune. That car will be laying down 450-480 rwhp that's about 525ish at the crank. You can even buy these parts used hell it won't even set you back a grand and you will have an 11 sec car and your friend gets to memorize your liscense plate.

Don't worry about magazine times let your car do the talking for you on the street, good luck and have fun. Hope I helped you.

And screw looking for someone elses video, go kick his ass and make your own video of it and post it on here so we can all have a laugh.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
exactly what the man said!

If you really want to open a can on his ass! I have the following forsale that will do the job.

1) Steggy ported stage 4 ported blower TB/ Plenum with 2.80 RR silver pulley already on it. Blower has 5700 miles on it and made 499rwhp with 497 rwtq when used with a 2lb lower. (2lb lower not included) New $1100 pulley $149 Your's for $625.00 I'll even throw in an almost new Goodyear belt.

2) MT Drag radials 275/40/17 800 miles like new!!! New $420 ish 95% thread on these yours for $250.00
/M/T HAVE BEEN SOLD TO T FACTOR

3) KN FIPK Like new 200 miles on it! New $170.00 yours for $90.00

4) Metco 100MM idler perfect shape New $209.00 yours for $125.00

All you would need is a C/B tuner and tune! and he won't even be close!!!!

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Thanks for the advice! I'm definitely buying DR's for my car, but no mods for now. I know those mods will definitely help but wanted to keep the car as stock as possible for a while.

We are going to the drag strip and I'll post videos everywhere!

Fair enough the drag radials will do their job at the track. Do yourself a favor go buy a replacement k&n air filter and drop it in it's an easy 10 hp on these cars and you sill retain all stock parts.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005

If you really want to open a can on his ass! I have the following forsale that will do the job.

1) Steggy ported stage 4 ported blower TB/ Plenum with 2.80 RR silver pulley already on it. Blower has 5700 miles on it and made 499rwhp with 497 rwtq when used with a 2lb lower. (2lb lower not included) New $1100 pulley $149 Your's for $625.00 I'll even throw in an almost new Goodyear belt.

2) MT Drag radials 275/40/17 800 miles like new!!! New $420 ish 95% thread on these yours for $250.00

Cobratron I know it's easy for me to say cuz it's not my money but this is a great deal for the $$$. This is hard to pass up man! Consider this in the future, and there are plenty of people on here that will help you throw this stuff on if you need help for a mere price of a pizza lol.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009

Perfect setup..
If your ported don't make the mistake I did buy some 60lb injectors before the tune..... I also use a KB boost a pump and a 4lb lower..

Cobratron

Regular
Jun 1, 2009
Cobratron I know it's easy for me to say cuz it's not my money but this is a great deal for the $$$. This is hard to pass up man! Consider this in the future, and there are plenty of people on here that will help you throw this stuff on if you need help for a mere price of a pizza lol.

Perfect setup..
If your ported don't make the mistake I did buy some 60lb injectors before the tune..... I also use a KB boost a pump and a 4lb lower..

Excellent deal....unbelievable prices! My goal is to keep the engine completely stock except for the Steeda CAI in there. Come closer to April 2010 I might ask you about the MT DR's.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004

All true.

My Cobra made 398 rwhp with just an air filter. Everything else was bone stock.

I have the exact same setup as listed in #3 above and let me tell you, it REALLY wakes the car up. I know you said you want to keep it stock, but why? Do the mods! You won't regret it.

If you don't do them, you'll always be left wondering how much more you could have. I don't think I know anyone who has ever regretted modding their Cobra and said "Damn, I wish I would've left it stock". Am I right guys?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
All true.

I have the exact same setup as listed in #3 above and let me tell you, it REALLY wakes the car up. I know you said you want to keep it stock, but why? Do the mods! You won't regret it.

If you don't do them, you'll always be left wondering how much more you could have. I don't think I know anyone who has ever regretted modding their Cobra and said "Damn, I wish I would've left it stock". Am I right guys?

absolutely you're right! I don't ever think of going back to stock set up or do I regret it. Now there are certain mods I regret bit that's differnt. I went coilover then back to stock. Aftermarket coilovers is the suck!

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
Perfect setup..

I personally know this setup ran stock injectors, mafia a must! and with the 2lb lower the 60's weren't needed niether was the alt pulley, the owner corrected me on the rwhp, his car made 508 @ the tire. But yes! If you run the 4lb you will need the 60's

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
I personally know this setup ran stock injectors, mafia a must! and with the 2lb lower the 60's weren't needed niether was the alt pulley, the owner corrected me on the rwhp, his car made 508 @ the tire. But yes! If you run the 4lb you will need the 60's

I'm doing a clutch,flywheel and input shaft over the winter and some 60's.. I want piece of mind and to be honest I have no clue what the previous owner did with the car so I would feel better having it upgraded..

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Your buddy is going to get surprised in few months when his top of the line Camaro is going to get ass kicked by a stock 2011 GT .:D:D

Ahhhh yes the coyote motor, it's gonna get ugly! 400hp in a 3600 lb car.

And yet again Ford will win the muscle car war cuz they will build a cheaper and faster car than gm that is practical for everyday use. The last time it took mustang 40 years to put camaro out if production, this time it will be a record oh I'd say camaros will be out in 5 years or less.

Ford just keeps finding ways to build better stuff!

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
Ahhhh yes the coyote motor, it's gonna get ugly! 400hp in a 3600 lb car.

And yet again Ford will win the muscle car war cuz they will build a cheaper and faster car than gm that is practical for everyday use. The last time it took mustang 40 years to put camaro out if production, this time it will be a record oh I'd say camaros will be out in 5 years or less.

Ford just keeps finding ways to build better stuff!

Should be a fun car 412 hp 390 tq 5.0 4V engine,6 speed auto or 6 speed manual,3.73 gear,forged crank,high performance rods and pistons [they better be forged ,I guess time will tell]

Cobratron

Regular
Jun 1, 2009
All true.

I do have two minor mods. Steeda CAI and borla stingers on a aftermarket H-pipe. My reason for now to keep it stock is in case I am forced to sell the car. I figured someone would really want an original as possible Terminator or it could go the other way of course where someone wants a modded Cobra. If I keep the car stock for 25 years and sell it I figured it might be worth more too. Those are the two main reasons, but to be honest I am getting the itch to mod it so we'll see what happens.

SVT SPEED 04

TCG Elite Member
Jun 9, 2004
If the top of the line Camaro in 2011 winds up being the Z/28 (with the CTS-V motor in it), the GT is going to have to run in the 11's stock to beat it.

very true Larry

as for the OP race, stock v's stock decent drivers, street tires it should be a pretty close race

We went 12.9@111 stock with a only a tune.

just stay away from an orange or black SS this coming summer .. cam and a little boost makes these cars really come alive

http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45725

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info