• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Vert Terminator vs 2010 Camaro SS

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
GT's have never been able to beat camaros stock for stock, or bolt on for bolt on. Ever.
Not true.

You're likely too young too remember when 5-speed, 3.08 geared, low optioned, well driven GT's (and especially trunk back LX's) could stomp (ok, stomp is a strong word) 5.0 liter Z28's and 350/auto (they didn't offer a stick with the 350 back then) equipped Iroc-Z's and TA's. Circa 1986-1992. That only changed when the LT1 upped the hp ante significantly.

Take it from this old "fossil". :lmao:

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
May 13, 2006
Aurora, IL
Not true.

You're likely too young too remember when 5-speed, 3.08 geared, low optioned, well driven GT's (and especially trunk back LX's) could stomp (ok, stomp is a strong word) 5.0 liter Z28's and 350/auto (they didn't offer a stick with the 350 back then) equipped Iroc-Z's and TA's. Circa 1986-1992. That only changed when the LT1 upped the hp ante significantly.

Wow... conrad showing age again... or are we??/ :lmao:

mswerd.gif

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Not true.

Ls1s ran away with the muscle car trophy, too bad gm couldn't keep production costs down.

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Sep 3, 2007
Larry beat me too it...lol I had a 1992 Z28 brand new and let me tell ya it got smoked by notchbacks all day long.. Ford was king of the Pony Cars until 1993 when the new bodystyle of the LT1 powered Camaro came out...

:headbang: I loved both my LT1s and my LS1, they were respectable performers for there time and had a nice bang right out of the box. I wish Ford would have made a better pushrod before switch to the modular. (although I'm not complaining about my eaton powered one :biggthump)

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Larry beat me too it...lol I had a 1992 Z28 brand new and let me tell ya it got smoked by notchbacks all day long.. Ford was king of the Pony Cars until 1993 when the new bodystyle of the LT1 powered Camaro came out...

+1 on Gm taking over with LT1's. I remember beating them cocky stock 93-97 anniversary camaros z28 with my bolt-on 5.0 gt with a gear and take there $$$ till they got there bolt-ons:mad: those were the days. But then my buddy got a 98 ws6 and put a gear in it and left us in the dust.:burnout: Both the ford foxbodys and gm f-bodys were awsome cars for there times thats I still love f-bodys and always will.;)

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
+1 on Gm taking over with LT1's. I remember beating them cocky stock 93-97 anniversary camaros z28 with my bolt-on 5.0 gt with a gear and take there $$$ till they got there bolt-ons:mad: those were the days. But then my buddy got a 98 ws6 and put a gear in it and left us in the dust.:burnout: Both the ford foxbodys and gm f-bodys were awsome cars for there times thats I still love f-bodys and always will.;)
Yeah I remember thos days all too well... ha ha

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
This is true! I remember my brand new trusty, lightly modded 1991 Mustang GT in bright red,5sp 3.08 gear,Intake,2 chamber flowmasters,under drive pulleys and hypertech chip, from light to light taking out many pesky 80's-90's trans am/camaro's and 85-91 corvettes. I'll never forget the ass whoopin I put on 3 monkeys in a 89 GTA Trans AM on Rt53! Unfortunately all good things come to and end and I learned the hardway about LT4 corvettes and GN's.

ahhhhh.....the good old days! when a 13.50 car ruled the block.

Not true.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
This is true! I remember my brand new trusty, lightly modded 1991 Mustang GT in bright red,5sp 3.08 gear,Intake,2 chamber flowmasters,under drive pulleys and hypertech chip, from light to light taking out many pesky 80's-90's trans am/camaro's and 85-91 corvettes. I'll never forget the ass whoopin I put on 3 monkeys in a 89 GTA Trans AM on Rt53! Unfortunately all good things come to and end and I learned the hardway about LT4 corvettes and GN's.

ahhhhh.....the good old days! when a 13.50 car ruled the block.

13.50...? I was flying then ;)... but I knew that :cool2:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info