Venomous Rage is upon you!

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Here is my rant for the year.

My sonata blew the motor on 8-5-19. The car has the factory defective recall warranty so they were supposed to replace the motor for free. Well, after forever they finally got approval to replace the motor. 2 months later the motor was replaced. I went to go get my car, they gave me a 500.00 bill. I told them it was supposed to be no charge. After digging here is what I found out. The had a tech spend 9 hours working on my car to find out why it wouldn't start. I told them when I had it towed in I thought the motor blew. They told me because I had it brought in for a no start issue they had to diagnosed why and dig into it. That's why the charged me the 500.00

I ended up calling Hyundai America customer service and filing a claim. They called the dealer and couldnt believe the run around they got. Long story short I had to pay to get my car, but Hyundai America reimbursed me for it. So I go to pick up my car because they said it was ready. 20 mins in, they can't find my keys, then they found them and my battery was dead. Can you believe this??? They jump it, I transfer my car seat back to my car with all my stuff. Get in the car to sync my bluetooth and guess what, they broke my radio/navigation. Took the loaner back after being there over an hour. They told me they will look into the radio. After 2.5 days I call for an update, this is friday now. They didn't even bring it in yet.

Now I'm on 3 month with the loaner almost. They said they ordered me a new radio in 10-16th and car would be done in 1.5 weeks. I called for update on the 8-25. Turns out my order for radio was canceled 2 days later from the order date because it's no longer in production and they can't get it.The didn't even know until I called. Now they say they are going to take the radio out and send directly to the manufacturer. They said they are hoping I can pick it up November 2ish. Oh and get this, 2 weeks before the motor blew I brought it in for the complementary detail because they washed the car with the moonroof open. When the company that did it performed this task, the stold my weathertech floor mats front and back. Im still fighting them to get replacements and it's been almost 3 months. Dealer says they are not responsible for lost or stolen items. I countered with, so you can bring the car in and they can steal you seatbelts from the car and dealer is not responsible to replace them? The comment with, that's a bit extreme isn't it? I replied NO.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
2015 Hyundai Elantra- engine blew at 38k miles (shavings everywhere, common issue).

Engine was on back order for 4 mos. I got the loaners.

No charge for a new motor put in but my car was also given back greasy / dirty as fuck inside / out. Nothing broken, battery was fine.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
I have the 2012 sonata 2.0T

I had a 2013 2.0t that we bought new in late 2012 and just got rid of it last November because of the engine issues and the endless recall letters every other week. I went through the bottom end "diagnosis" and had to run some special oil for 3,000 miles and take it back in for them to analyze, two seatbelt recalls, transmission valve body went bad, and the car only had 50k miles on it when I finally had enough.

I see they have a re-calibration for the ECM now, which I'm sure neuters the power in exchange for longevity, and the 2.0t power was really the best thing about that car.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Yeah, I'm just hoping they put the same motor in for the 273 hp and not the newer motor with less...
I had a 2013 2.0t that we bought new in late 2012 and just got rid of it last November because of the engine issues and the endless recall letters every other week. I went through the bottom end "diagnosis" and had to run some special oil for 3,000 miles and take it back in for them to analyze, two seatbelt recalls, transmission valve body went bad, and the car only had 50k miles on it when I finally had enough.

I see they have a re-calibration for the ECM now, which I'm sure neuters the power in exchange for longevity, and the 2.0t power was really the best thing about that car.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
If the dealership is stealing your floormats and washing your car with the sunroof open you need a new dealership. I changed dealership shops over an issue with a license plate light bulb. If they stole my floormats I would have gone full Facebook meltdown.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Just following up, its December 2nd and still no car, also they said they have no update from the radio manufacturer. I asked about the replacement radio I found on hyundai web site, it's a new technology replacement and cost 5,500.00. Still waiting now to see what they are going to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info