Vehicle wrap matte or gloss what would u choose ?

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
This color is hot

3535b1fb4e5f33199e9b195ebe6a12d2.jpg

Camarokid327

Fear of speed bumps but slowly getting over them.
Jul 24, 2013
Chicago
Yes I know from working with it. It looks awesome but is prone to showing finger prints and can show marks just from your fingernail

Aren't both 3m and Avery vinyls self healing though? A few passes with a heat gun and any fine swirls/scratches should disappear.

I've been considering wrapping my car in a high gloss black or silver (3m 1080 or Avery Supreme) but I have concerns about the gloss vinyls being more of a pain in the ass to maintain than my current paint.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Aren't both 3m and Avery vinyls self healing though? A few passes with a heat gun and any fine swirls/scratches should disappear.

I've been considering wrapping my car in a high gloss black or silver (3m 1080 or Avery Supreme) but I have concerns about the gloss vinyls being more of a pain in the ass to maintain than my current paint.

I was just reading an email from the guy who did the green gt500 . He says the Avery wrap is better than 3m and yes a heat gun can take care of those problems it's called post-heating.

dlaude6

Regular
Mar 27, 2009
New Lenox, IL
or a color like fords got to have it green

WHAT?!??!?!?! Few months ago you were saying how much you don't like the bright, obnoxious colors (on CMC)! Heck you tried to talk me out of ordering GHIG! LOL.

All those colors you've shown look sharp. I agree with Wolfe - I think matte is on it's way out. Also, I'm not sure if it's true, but I've heard that matte is hard to clean when it needs it. Maybe the surface is too rough to easily wipe with a cloth? I don't know - what I'm saying is no more than hearsay and speculation.

My personal vote would be an obnoxious green. That Sonic/Deep Impact blue is common.

Angela@KRWINS

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Jan 15, 2016
McHenry, IL
WHAT?!??!?!?! Few months ago you were saying how much you don't like the bright, obnoxious colors (on CMC)! Heck you tried to talk me out of ordering GHIG! LOL.

My personal vote would be an obnoxious green. That Sonic/Deep Impact blue is common.

I don't like the GHIG. I have an affinity to blue cars. I am like a homing pigeon to them considering we own two of them & have owned 5 of them all together. I love the sonic blue but my favorite was my Montego Blue on my old BMW 328.

nethingiwant

Sep 4, 2009
I know that Vindictive Vinyl did a 2014 Mustang GT in Mystic. They also did my M235i Carbon Fiber textured mirror covers but they are in Twin Lakes, WI.
THANKS Angela!!! [emoji1] Give Vindictive Vinyl (VV) a chance to help you. Im sure they can help you with colors, finishes, Avery vs 3M vs others, pros/cons, design, etc.

But yeah, Im the proud dad of my sons company (VV) and his artistry. PM me for more info or just reach out to him: Daniel Florek, [email protected], (office) 262-358-2626, (cell) 847-271-3421

nethingiwant

Sep 4, 2009
Heres my car, not matte, rather carbon fiber vinyl along with accent chrome trim and gradiated side stripes ..but you also mentioned mystic/color changing (see their website for mustang in mystic) as well as matte colors including my sons work vehicle, Ford Flex also shown on their website.
uploadfromtaptalk1459910345326.jpg
The number (64) just temporary as I had just raced at Road America when that pic taken. Again, more pics on their website and Facebook pages

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info