• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Vape/Ecig Users?

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Reaction score
The old man is trying to quit smoking again. He scooped up a "starter kit" from the vape store that opened next to the bar we frequent. Its a Kanger EVOD Kit with the two batteries and two tanks. I don't really know a whole lot about this and neither does he. Anyone have experience with these? Was this kit a decent purchase? Any "juice" recommendations, specifically tobacco falvored ones that are close to actual smoking. He was a 2 pack a day, marlboro light smoker for as long as I've been alive.

snakebyte

Reaction score
The kangers are good starters and seems thats where everyone starts. I can go home and get you some info on good tobacco flavored liquids Ive used. If he smokes 2 packs a day I would say he should start upwards of 18MG and work his way down from there. Also never buy tanks and kits in stores, the mark up can be 300% over what you can get them for online.

BeerOrGasoline

Reaction score
The kangers are good starters and seems thats where everyone starts. I can go home and get you some info on good tobacco flavored liquids Ive used. If he smokes 2 packs a day I would say he should start upwards of 18MG and work his way down from there. Also never buy tanks and kits in stores, the mark up can be 300% over what you can get them for online.
He said he paid $60 for the kanger kit and a bottle of juice (18mg of nic), which it looks like they're about the same shipped from online vendors.

BS ISF

Donating Member
Reaction score
speaking of online retailers can anyone list some good sites for juice and accessories?

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly you're not going to find anything that accurately replicates cigarette flavor, and why would you want to? They taste shitty. He just needs to find a flavor he likes. I am a big fan of the evod starter kit and have gifted a few.

BeerOrGasoline

Reaction score
Honestly you're not going to find anything that accurately replicates cigarette flavor, and why would you want to? They taste shitty. He just needs to find a flavor he likes. I am a big fan of the evod starter kit and have gifted a few.
That's what I was telling him but he said he wants to start out as close to smoking a real cigarette as possible (i.e. flavor, throat hit, etc)

Outlaw

Reaction score
VAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE

[MENTION=4684]l0wb00st[/MENTION] likes this.

BeerOrGasoline

Reaction score
I ordered him two bottles from Virgin Vapors (because all VG vs PG/VG mix, something about PG doesnt settle well with me)

Ordered the "Best Damn Tobacco" in 12mg and "PB & Banana Sandwich" in 0mg for him to try. Although in all honesty, I wanna try the latter hence the 0mg haha.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Reaction score
Madvapes.com and Mt Baker are 2 sites I use when buying liquids and e-cig parts.

Try cherry tobacco from madvapes. It is the closest cig tasting liquid I found. However it reminds me of pipe tobacco more than a real cig.

My goto flavor is banana berry blast.

As for good e-cig parts I recommend a good adjustable battery and a bottom coil tank, these items can drastically change the flavor and experience and make it much more enjoyable.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's what's nice about the evod. It's bottom coil and performs much like the protank if not identical.

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It!
Reaction score
There's a ton of info out there on this stuff. Everyone usually starts with the prebuilt stuff like Kanger products or Aspire products. They are pretty good, and relatively cheap.

Something to look at that is a bit better than the EVOD (once he gets to the point of wanting something new) is something like the Innokin MVP. It's a bit bigger (more of a box than a pen style), but it has a larger battery, it is micro USB chargable (you can vape while you charge it), and it's power adjustable, so you can adjust the power output to the coil(s).

Also, you may want to look into a tank/clearomizer that has adjustable airflow, so you can make the draw tighter or looser depending on your preference. I used to use the Kanger aerotank, I would recommend it to a beginner.

Most people move into rebuild-able atomizers/tanks at some point, and they are a bit more labour intensive to set-up, but the flavour, and throat hit are much better with rebuild-ables. They are also healthier in my opinion (pre-made coils use silica wick usually, which has mixed reviews, while most rebuild-ables use organic cotton as a wick which supposedly doesn't have any health risks) If he ever gets to that point I can give you my recommendations but they can be more expensive depending on what you want.

Rebuildable atomizers and higher powered mods are a totally different ballgame:

As far as juice, you may want to check out some vape shops in your area, they usually have "juice bars" where you can taste test all of the flavours, and the people there may have specific suggestions for you as well :bigthumb:

BeerOrGasoline

Reaction score
I browsed the vape forums some but holy shit, 90% of it is unreadable. It's just ramblings of parts of society I don't like: Fucktard hipsters and strungout crackheads.

That's why TCG to the rescue.

l0wb00st

Reaction score
Yeah, there's a lot of pissing matches with vape stuff, it's hard to get a handle on what is good, what isn't, and what is just way over the top and unnecessary

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Reaction score
I used to use the kanger gear. It works well but eventually if you get into it your going to want more vapor. I started doing the big copper tube mechanical mods and building my own coils. I like it much better.

l0wb00st

Reaction score
I ordered him two bottles from Virgin Vapors (because all VG vs PG/VG mix, something about PG doesnt settle well with me)
Just be careful, VG is thicker than PG. high concentration VG juices may not feed as well in clearomizers like the kanger tanks.

VG is a thicker juice and creates more/denser/thicker vapor, PG is thinner and creates less/thinner vapor, but PG holds flavor better than VG. I usually like to go with 70%VG or more, but I don't use the kanger products anymore so I can't comment from personal expirence on them working with 100%VG, I just can tell you what I have heard.

GTStang08

Reaction score
Dan go back on CMC......

Stay away from tobacco flavors they taste like crap and if he's trying to quit, stay away from tobacco

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rebuildables are fun to tinker with, but for my everyday rig I still rock a Frankenstein pieced together protank/aerotank with organic cotton heads I make myself and an iTaste VTR.

l0wb00st

Reaction score
I wanted more vapor than my aerotank could produce so I use a lemo eleaf RTA on my sigelei 100w box for the most part. It makes decent clouds for a tank :)

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice. The VTR is my work and daily user. I've got a 50W IPV I use with drippers and an Orchid in the mail. Never really liked my kayfun so we'll see how this is.

l0wb00st

Reaction score
The Kayfun's are nice but they don't have much airflow. the lemo I have is basically the same as a kayfun but it has more airflow. I have a couple RTA's (Tugboat V1, and Hobo V2.1) when I really want to throw clouds.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm hearing lots about this lemo lately. It's fairly new right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom