Van Dyke verdict

093LZ

Reaction score
Ive had to reword my thread 2 times so far; TCG members who work downtown, please reconsider going to work when shit hits the fan. If you must go to work, have a back up plan on how to get home when public service is shut down. If Van Dyke is found not guilty (its going to happen when you look at the verbiage of first degree murder), Ferguson is kindergarten to what will happen. Rodney King, thats about minimal damage from what im seeing from intel.

Not saying im agreeing or disagreeing with what happened, but when intel tells us to have 10 days of meds, food, cash, uniforms and kisses good bye, I guess this might be serious.

Spectragod

Reaction score
How many guns and how much ammo should I have.... just to be prepared, asking for a friend.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
You really think they'd let things get that out of hand?

093LZ

Reaction score
How many guns and how much ammo should I have.... just to be prepared, asking for a friend.
I would tell your friend to have a ballistic vest, ammo for least 2 small guns and 3 long guns. Thats just half of what im going in with.

This shit is no joke; I agree that the shoot was justified, but 16 shots is what this case is about. Two shots and this case is no even news worthy, but Van Dyke lost his marbles.

Spectragod

Reaction score
I would tell your friend to have a ballistic vest, ammo for least 2 small guns and 3 long guns. Thats just half of what im going in with.

This shit is no joke; I agree that the shoot was justified, but 16 shots is what this case is about. Two shots and this case is no even news worthy, but Van Dyke lost his marbles.

That should be enough to bug out with, I tend to go loaded for bear when I am involved with such events.

And I agree, good shoot, but 2-3 shots and it was over, it was a waste of ammo at that point. But, one could speculate anything, I just think he got tunnel vision and muscle memory took over.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
My dad told me about what happened when Martin Luther King Jr. was killed. He was on a job site working in a payloader and the boss got a phone call. He raced to the site and told the guys to get out of there (bad neighborhood). My dad put the bucket down to head height and raced the machine down the streets of Chicago back to their garage. Not much scared my dad and he was scared. He raced home to make sure the family was OK.

Be careful out there, everyone. In the craziness that is modern society just being white may make you a target for a beating or worse.

Thanks for the heads up 093LZ.

I just called my brother who works security for my home health care nurse sister in law. He knows about the trial but I told him not to underestimate the danger and to get out if/when he hears the verdict is coming down.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
When is this supposed to happen? My GF works downtown...

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Highly doubt anything will happen in the burbs.
But my whse and our work truck might get damaged.
We are like 2 miles from 26th and Cali and right on the border of Back of the Yards.
I’m gonna go to work but best believe I will have a few handguns in my truck.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Is the option there for him to be found guilty of 2nd degree murder? If so that’s what I think is going to happen. Prosecution rested their case after less than 5 days. Seems awfully fast imo.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Always carry when I go to work, but Ill make sure the extra mag is with me.

The only other time I was slightly concerned was after the election, and I happened to finally get my permit in the mail a week before that.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Ive had to reword my thread 2 times so far; TCG members who work downtown, please reconsider going to work when shit hits the fan. If you must go to work, have a back up plan on how to get home when public service is shut down.

Holy crap, I didn't even know this was going on. Thanks for the heads up.
I work in the city and take public transportation, so I have no options for "personal protection". If there is a definite date for a verdict, I might just work from home that day.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Be safe guys, animals are animals, and it's not worth the risk, or dealing with a shooting incident for the rest of your life!!!!!!!!

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Dad thinks he will be found guilty

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Dad thinks he will be found guilty
Sure the fuck hope so, but I’m not confident in it.
As I said above if 2nd degree murder is an option I can see that.
Either way, if this fuck is found not guilty the city is going to burn.
I drive past the courthouse every day leaving work. CPD has been out there with barricades since the trial started.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
When is verdict due

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Defense starts on Monday, so I would imagine it goes to the jury the following week. Prosecutors spent less than 5 days stating their case.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
I was told it's estimated at a three week trial.

CobraSki03

Reaction score
My work is at California and Lake, sketchy neighborhood for sure. When verdict is going to be read the owner of the company is going to close the office. Vandyke is charged with 1st degree murder, 16 counts of assault (guessing each shot fired) and criminal misconduct or something like that. No way he gets convicted of 1st deg Murder, but the other charges will stick. The state should have went for manslaughter or murder2. I work in the city every day, around UIC and Rush Hospital campuses. I talk with UIC and Rush police say daily and they are preparing for the worst, this will be a very bad situation.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Once again, they go for crazy charges to appease people, then when they get off on said charges the people get pissed off.

They really need to stop overcharging in the vast majority of cases and they might actually win a few of these cases.

There's no way he's going to get convicted of first degree murder.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
They really need to stop overcharging in the vast majority of cases and they might actually win a few of these cases.
They gave the public what they wanted by charging him with murder.
Knowing that murder 2 or manslaughter would probably get convictions.
Even though he isnt charged with 2nd degree murder, I'm still wondering if they can convict him on that. Iirc that has happened before.

Pretty sure Rahm not running for re-election could be tied in to the fact there is a good chance this asshole gets off on the murder charge. He would NEVER get re-elected if that happens.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
No, they have to convict or not on what he is charged with.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
Usually the judge will give the jury instructions stating that. Do you know for sure?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom