Valve spring tester and installed height micrometer for rent?

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I want to go through the valvetrain, seeing if anyone has a valve spring tester and installed height micrometer around they aren't using.

If not, I'll just buy one off summit, but I'm hoping there is someone else out there that is doing this.

Thanks,
-D

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
from what I recall it's pretty cheap to have tim at Opel machine, toss the springs on his pressure checker.
I've never had the balls to blow the money for an actual height micrometer vs using a dial caliper.

the summit have a cheap generic one? last time I priced one out it was over a hundred bucks

Chris91LX

Reaction score
Check ebay, I found the height mic for like $20 shipped. There are different sizes though so you need to know the height range yours are currently.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Donating Member
Reaction score
That's a good idea. No problem using a used one, not really something that will wear out.

I need to make a valve spring removal tool to pull them on the car...

I think I am long overdue to take a close look at the valvetrain in the car. I think there is definitely some HP on the table.

Chris91LX

Reaction score
Use the valve spring tool with the lever that screws down on the rocker arm stud, the others are crap. They are inexpensive. Check ebay and amazon.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
I was at a yard sale and snagged a minty vintage lever compressor made by KD tools.
a good bit longer of a handle than the ones you see normally nowadays.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Donating Member
Reaction score
Use the valve spring tool with the lever that screws down on the rocker arm stud, the others are crap. They are inexpensive. Check ebay and amazon.
these cars only have 3 rocker arm studs and shaft mounted rockers. I could cut up a shaft and use some sort of lever to do it I'm sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom