• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

valve cover painting

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
has any body tried to fill the little groves in the valve cover with somthing to make them all smooth looking for painting. if so what did you use.

Thanks,
Brett

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I wouldn't put anything other than a single piece of something over them, and epoxy it down. The constant heating ang cooling will shrink it, and it will eventually fall off.

Have you checked out the polished metal stick ons from signs by Drex? They are a little on the pricey side for what they are, but they do look nice.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Reaction score
ive seen bondo'd ones painted, with no cracking or falling apart......I dont think they get as hot as you think

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
what if I fill it with a two part epoxy like jb weld I am practicing that on a cracked valve cover tonight.

Thanks,
Brett

rob

Reaction score
If your gonig to use a fillet, use fiberglass. May work a little better than the B word.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom