Valentine one hardwire help

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Andy, I have my V-1 clipped on my visor. I ran my hardwire under the front of the headliner trim to the A pillar. Then under the A pillar trim piece down to the dash. Under the edge of the dash down to the fuse box [the one by the clutch pedal]. I forget which fuse I hooked into. I can look if you want. I think it's probably the radio fuse or something. I wanted one that turns off with the key. The manual lists the different fuses. If you want to use suction cups, you could stash the wire on top of the visor when you aren't using it.

p.s. I don't remember if the hardwire came with mine or if I had to order it. It has a seperate fuse inline.

Edit- I looked at mine. I wired the power into fuse #32 [radio GEM] and wired the ground to the screw that's right at the edge of the fusebox. The other end of the hardwire has the telephone type connector that plugs into the detector.

p.p.s. Remember to start running the wire from the top so you don't end up with extra wire by your visor. I stashed my extra wire and the fuse behind the kick panel.

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
How do you wire it?

Flyn high again said:
Edit- I looked at mine. I wired the power into fuse #32 [radio GEM] and wired the ground to the screw that's right at the edge of the fusebox. The other end of the hardwire has the telephone type connector that plugs into the detector.

How did you wire the power line into the fusebox, did you piggyback it onto a wire coming out ot #32 or did you buy a kit to plug it into the fusebox directly. I am a pure novice at electronics. Thanks cliff

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
A friend of mine at Circuit City's install shop gave me a couple of those fuse plug in connectors so I used one of those first of all. It kept falling out so I just took the fuse out and crammed the wire in there. Pull the fuse out and wedge the wire in on one side where the fuse plugs in. Then push the fuse back in. You want to make sure the wire doesn't touch both sides or the fuse won't work if you need it. It takes a little bit of playing with it to get enough wire in to work and to hold the wire securely and still leave enough room for the fuse to fit back in. It should be tight and secure when you finish. If the fuse won't go back in, you have too much wire crammed in there. If the wire is too loose and pulls out easily, you need more wire crammed in. There may be a more professional way to do it but this has always worked for me. If you can't get it or don't want to mess with it, come down to my house and I'll do it. I live about 10 minutes from where we had the meeting at Bill's. Or if you don't want to drive that far, I'm sure a Circuit City or stereo shop by you could hook it up for a few bucks. Maybe the shop that installed your stereo would do it for nothing since you spent the bucks there.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
Your the best. I'm gonna give it a shot tonight. I know the auto fuses are two pronged, does it matter which side of the fuse I piggyback it over.

I don't think so since it has a fuse itself. But, I'm not an expert although I've done a lot of stereo install work over the years. I don't know which side is in or out. Mine is working fine...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info