🔧 BUILD VAG out, VAG in

FIST TAGTA

Regular
Apr 15, 2015
Pingree Grove
Well I couldn't even make it two years with my MK7 GTI (Sold to Carvana, even though I loved that thing), so I went out and bought an even more spicy Golf. Say hello to my 2016 S3!

In all seriousness though, I actually wanted an S3 in this spec before I "settled" on getting a GTI two years ago. The car is Sepang Blue, with the black optics package, and most importantly , SPORT SEATS.

I honestly wasn't even planning on buying a car, it just popped up in a FB group I'm in and it was too specific of a spec for me to pass on.

I flew into Newark and drove this back in one day with the help of a good friend. The previous owner was probably more OCD than I am about cars, which is rare to see.

I can't wait till it warms up enough so I can get the car off of these heinous wheels and truly clean the car up. I'm really excited for this one!

PXL_20210117_073312825.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20210226_190402546.jpg

PXL_20210222_205358635.jpg

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Nice seats. So weird seeing that on Austins :rofl:. Did you have snow tires on them or what's the reason behind that? What did you trade/sell the car in on?

EDIT: Am I seeing in the first pic that both of the cars are on Austins? I thought I saw on IG that the S3 originally had different wheels?

FIST TAGTA

Regular
Apr 15, 2015
Pingree Grove
Nice seats. So weird seeing that on Austins :rofl:. Did you have snow tires on them or what's the reason behind that? What did you trade/sell the car in on?

EDIT: Am I seeing in the first pic that both of the cars are on Austins? I thought I saw on IG that the S3 originally had different wheels?

You are seeing that right, both of them are on Austins lmao.

The S3 sadly came without its OEM 19" black optics wheels. It only came on this set of Austins with brand new Continental all-seasons.

It wasn't a big deal though, because I still have the Neuspeeds I ran on my GTI and I got them refinished and will be running them with brand new Michelin PS4s on this car. Haha.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Weird. So did the original owner sell the black optics wheels? They're nice wheels but I probably wouldn't leave them on either so its really not that big of a loss. As I mentally shop MK8 R's in a couple years I think I'll put snow tires on my Konigs and get something a little nicer for summers, not sure what though. I don't want to spend HRE money, and for as nice as they are most BBS wheels don't do a ton for me visually so something between Konig flow formed and HRE's.

Reactions: FIST TAGTA

FIST TAGTA

Regular
Apr 15, 2015
Pingree Grove
FINALLY :bowdown:

Also, how did you like carvana?

I had been looking for an excuse to try Carvana and it finally made sense this time around. They offered me within $500 of what I would've gotten selling this car private party. It was as easy as everyone makes it seem. I filled out a few things online, and they came to my house with a truck, I signed four pieces of paper, they gave me a check, and left with the car. I kid you not, the in-person experience took less than 5 minutes. If I ever have a car where the value makes sense to sell it to them, 5/5 would be doing it again. No dealing with lowballers on the internet, no wasting time with tire kickers, and no drama about them paying off the remaining balance of my loan.

Weird. So did the original owner sell the black optics wheels? They're nice wheels but I probably wouldn't leave them on either so its really not that big of a loss. As I mentally shop MK8 R's in a couple years I think I'll put snow tires on my Konigs and get something a little nicer for summers, not sure what though. I don't want to spend HRE money, and for as nice as they are most BBS wheels don't do a ton for me visually so something between Konig flow formed and HRE's.

The previous owner sold the black optics wheels. I'm in the same boat as you, nothing lost in my eyes because running 19's on a car with this short of a wheelbase is asking for bent wheels and a harsh ride. I'd much rather have a beefier 18" setup for the summer. Konig has been shaping up to be a really popular option on these cars lately. A decent wheel at an affordable price.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I love my Konig Freeforms. I like that they make options for these cars at 18x8.5 ET43 that fit just right without spacers. I could throw some thin ones on if I wanted them to fit really aggressive, but then id be spending hundreds of dollars on bolts and spacers for 5mm or less.

FIST TAGTA

Regular
Apr 15, 2015
Pingree Grove
I love my Konig Freeforms. I like that they make options for these cars at 18x8.5 ET43 that fit just right without spacers. I could throw some thin ones on if I wanted them to fit really aggressive, but then id be spending hundreds of dollars on bolts and spacers for 5mm or less.

I feel you on that. I got my Neuspeeds secondhand (18x8.5 ET45) and they came with additional 10mm spacers for the rear, I just had to buy bolts. Definitely wouldn't of done that on my own. lol

FIST TAGTA

Regular
Apr 15, 2015
Pingree Grove
Congrats on S3!! Love that Sepang Blue

Thanks! Finding one in this color with the sport seats wasn't easy lol.

Dam that's nice. You're right in my hood. I'll need to stop and check this out if I see it parked.

Aye, nice to see someone local!

beautiful new ride!

can i add to your title is that okay? i was nervous to click vag in vag out without noticing what section it was in :rofl:

we should almost make a thread about people's experiences with carvana cuz it seems liek a lot of forum members are having great experiences.

Gotta keep people guessing on VAG content. Haha.

I'd be down to share my Carvana selling experience with anyone, it definitely exceeded expectations.

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
Damn, nice! Miss my freaking S3. I love my Mustang but the S3 was the best daily I've ever owned. I had the sport seats too, that's an absolute must have for me. With gas prices rising the way they are, I'm actually regretting trading it on my GT at this point.

Also, I had the same experience with Carvana about a year ago. They gave me like 4-5k more for my 2016 Mustang than the dealer wanted to and it was easy as pie.

Thread Info