V-6 GA LIM Failures

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Picking up a 99 GA SE with the 3.4 soon for the new DD so I can finally go back to school :roflpicard:

Thing has only 64K on it (Grandma owned kinda thing), signs of failure? Where do you buy the 'right' kind of replacement gaskets? and what kind of trans problems do these things have?

I know its hard to replace, I know it takes time, I've done HG's on these motors before, but never had one fail ON me, just looking for some piece of mind.

Smoke

Addict
Feb 11, 2009
Picking up a 99 GA SE with the 3.4 soon for the new DD so I can finally go back to school :roflpicard:

Thing has only 64K on it (Grandma owned kinda thing), signs of failure? Where do you buy the 'right' kind of replacement gaskets? and what kind of trans problems do these things have?

I know its hard to replace, I know it takes time, I've done HG's on these motors before, but never had one fail ON me, just looking for some piece of mind.

Fel-Pro gaskets all the way. No one I know with them has had to do a second LIM change,to compare some people who had GM LIM gaskets installed under warranty have had to replace them again.

Every '99 3400 GA with the original gaskets will fail them eventually.Its a matter of time, some have gone all the way to 150K on the OEMS, some have had em go at 50,000 miles.Your symptoms will be orange dex-cool pooling around and under the throttle body, coupled with dissapearing coolant .If the low coolant idiot light comes on,plan to replace them soon.

If/when this happens, check to make sure the oil isnt milkshaked, and get it changed ASAP.

Good luck.:bigthumb:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info