UTRYD2's Magnum R/T vs a Newer Mustang GT w/ some mods....

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
Me & Tom where on our way out to our future sister-in-laws B day party....
We rolled up on a Mustang GT on Butterfield road and Farnsworth....

Both sitting at the red light....
I tell Tom in Vin Diesel style, Smoke 'em....
Tom said the mustang would beat him, I said NOPE!
So light goes green they both ease into the pedal, Tom is like a car ahead and the pony bites and takes off....
The pony pulls up next to use as the lanes about to merge and we are door to door and then Tom ducks behind and is pedalling the car from not smackin his rear bumper....

So we get on Eola road heading towards Aurora messing around with him chasing us.....We get to the red light....

We are stopped.....the mustang is doing a slow roll to get the jump on the light.....light goes green...Tom nails it, squeals the rubber....and the msutang was dead from the start....

:wavey:
Car looks clean and sounded decent.....but is a slow fucking TURD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsqLNIX10PE

taped w/ my iphone

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
I was surprised how bad I was pulling on him. I normally dont race around in the wagon, so I never actually used the "manual shifting". Its so fail safe it sucked! I wasnt aware that it will still shift for you before you get to redline so you dont hurt it. I was like wtf! I was going from first to second and it shifted for me to second gear as I was attempting to do so. So I went from first to third gear. The wagon by no means is "fast". It did get up and go pretty good for such a big stock car.
He very well could have been a shotty driver, but we were over 130mph and he couldnt gain any ground at all.
Like I said, we were laughing so damn hard it was great!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I was surprised how bad I was pulling on him. I normally dont race around in the wagon, so I never actually used the "manual shifting". Its so fail safe it sucked! I wasnt aware that it will still shift for you before you get to redline so you dont hurt it. I was like wtf! I was going from first to second and it shifted for me to second gear as I was attempting to do so. So I went from first to third gear. The wagon by no means is "fast". It did get up and go pretty good for such a big stock car.
He very well could have been a shotty driver, but we were over 130mph and he couldnt gain any ground at all.
Like I said, we were laughing so damn hard it was great!

fuck mine doesnt do that! mine just doesnt shift. and then lets it rev back down and shifts.

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
Weird, mines an 07 maybe they changed it. Another good but annoying thing it does to save the trans...
Backing out of the driveway don't stop completely and throw it on drive and the car won't change gears until everything is slowed down enough for a smooth shift from rev to dr. You can floor the gas and it won't do shit til it pretty much stops and shifts. Have to make sure I don't back out infront of someone haha

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
cool trick for the late 06 and up hemi cars. if you are going 5mph and over and turn the key to "start" ESP will completely disable itself.
drive.gif

cycling the key will turn it back on
wont turn off the torque management though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info